• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Svt #1900

i applied for the title..should be here in a couple of weeks.
as for repairs...
I am going to pick up the interior and side skirt this weekend.
i still have to order the lower control arm.
once i get that i will pull the car in the garage and fix the suspension.
oh..and i still have to install the rear window.

a little update:
The rear window went in last weekend.
the interior went back in last night.
now its time to fix the friggin suspension.
i wish i had a way to fit it in the garage with the other two vehicles so i could work on it and still store the others.

oh yeah...i also bought a battery tender for #2147 since the optima likes to die after a week.
if anybody is looking to get one of these, get it from Batteries Plus, they are only $50.
at pepboys they are $70!!

another update...
I put in the new tranny mount, drivers side LCA and inner tie rod.

only problem, when i took the car off the jack stands, the drivers side tire is still sticking out past the fender on top!
so, either the strut is bent (doesn't look like it) or the subframe is bent.
i tried taking the strut out to see if it was bent, but i couldn't get it out of the knuckle. with the LCA bottoming out on the subframe, the strut had about 1/4" left before it came out of the knuckle.
bah!!!!
i didn't feel like taking the ball joint out again because it was getting dark.

i will post pictures later.

hrrmmm..that could be too!
it got dark out before i could check out the other side or my car to compare stuff.

hrrmmm..that could be too!
it got dark out before i could check out the other side or my car to compare stuff.

yeah we couldn't see that the knuckle was bent, the car slid into a curb iirc, but that is what it was.

dang..this car just keeps costing me more and more!!!
but i guess a knuckle will be easier than replacing the subframe.

anyone got a knuckle they want to donate?
:D

Looks like this guy might have one:

mooseknuckle.jpg

damn you ryan!!!!

i sat there staring at his hand for a while thinking his knuckles were supposed to be odd, then i scrolled down!!!

Good work on getting her back up. I feel responsible since I told you to get it. Or shouldn't I. LOL! I would think the SF bent would be easy to see.

Mike, there are now 2 u-pull-it yards near me now. I was at Car World in Candia to get a hubcap for the Volvo yesterday after work. Of course I had to check out the Ford section too, and they had 6 or 8 Contours, but most were pre 98 and no SVTs. Apparently there is one less pre 98 now too because as I was walking back, the fork truck picked up a purple one and drove off with it.

Anyone know if the knuckles were the same for all years and models?

Mike, there are now 2 u-pull-it yards near me now. I was at Car World in Candia to get a hubcap for the Volvo yesterday after work. Of course I had to check out the Ford section too, and they had 6 or 8 Contours, but most were pre 98 and no SVTs. Apparently there is one less pre 98 now too because as I was walking back, the fork truck picked up a purple one and drove off with it.

Anyone know if the knuckles were the same for all years and models?

pretty sure the 95s are different and that the rest are the same.

Back