• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pioneer DH-1800 help

my98SVTturbo

Hard-core CEG'er
i have a pioneer DH-1800 deck and it wont hook up with the stock adapters. what kind of adaptor do i need to get? and how much $$$ does it usualy run?

ok im kinda new to this whole audio thing so does "bypassing the stock amp" just mean installing a aftermarket deck in and taking out the old OE deck? and also what is this peice called? do they sell them at walmart by any chance?

ok im kinda new to this whole audio thing so does "bypassing the stock amp" just mean installing a aftermarket deck in and taking out the old OE deck? and also what is this peice called? do they sell them at walmart by any chance?

If you read the how-to you would of noticed that "Bypassing the factory amp" means exactly what it says.... The factory radio outputs low level signal to the amp which takes the low level input from the radio and outputs high level sound to the speakers. An after market radio already outputs high level from the wires on the back of it. If you were to keep the factory amp hooked up, you would be double amping a high level signal, which makes the amp and the after market radio's amp work harder... Unless your new radio has RCA outputs, then you can integrate with the factory amplifier, since RCA's output low level signal. It's better to bypass a factory amp whenever possible..... then you don't have to worry about doing it later if the factory amp does give out.... Just follow the instructions and do the bypass as the how-to shows... It's really not that hard....

You may be able to find one of the parts at wal-mart, but the bypass harness probably not... have to try best buy or circuit city... also just remember you get what you pay for....

Last edited:
ok i bought the adapter set tonight and none of it is hookin into the back of the pioneer head unit and neither will the stock one?? what the heck??

ok i bought the adapter set tonight and none of it is hookin into the back of the pioneer head unit and neither will the stock one?? what the heck??

Take some pictures.... descriptions only go so far.... If don't have the plug that comes with the pioneer deck then you need to order that as well..... There is some wiring involved... it all just doesn't plug in unless you have the circuit city quick adapter deals.... I hate those by the way... the seem to fail a lot...

so you wire the pioneer plug to the pioneer head unit and the wire set i bought to the pioneer plug set and the wire i set i bought to the stock stufff?

You wire the pioneers deck harness to the ford power harness (gray plug) and take the bypass harness and plug it into the amps output plug, cut of the double end of the bypass harness, extend those wires up to the dash where you wire them to the pioneer harness.... Just like the how-to shows... it's really not that hard... you just have to read the how-to... it explains... EVERYTHING!

ok ill check out the how ot n print it out n go step by step on it. your right dosent sound to hard now...since i have all the peices i need to go now. Thanks for your help man. much apriciated

-Alex

ok well i got it all hooked up but no sound. well kinda. if u turn it up to the max(its like 30 or somthing like that) u can bearly here music and it sounds like ts comming fromthe deck. only like 2-3 desable when a cd is in it. but radio dosent even do that so any idea? it lights up and everything just no sound what so ever? if i cqant figurte it out through here ill just take it down to the local adio guy when he hooks up my sirrius satilite radion and let him full with it.

ok well i got it all hooked up but no sound. well kinda. if u turn it up to the max(its like 30 or somthing like that) u can bearly here music and it sounds like ts comming fromthe deck. only like 2-3 desable when a cd is in it. but radio dosent even do that so any idea? it lights up and everything just no sound what so ever? if i cqant figurte it out through here ill just take it down to the local adio guy when he hooks up my sirrius satilite radion and let him full with it.

Take some pictures... be lot easier to see what you messed up...

Back