• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

wiring troubles

i was trying to figure out why my 98 csvt with 100,xxx on the clock wont start. i found that the ground wire the largest one of the bunch coming from the battery terminal was just hangin out under the battery tray. i followed the power wire and it along with a smaller wire goes to what i assume is the starter. can anybody point me inthe right direction as to where the ground wire is supposed to go. all the electrical in the car works fine but the starter wont do anything occasioanlly and im hoping that properly grounding that wire helps.
thanks for any help i can get
Jon

Ground wire goes to "ground". Look for a bolt on the chassis near the driver side fender. In addition, there should be one which goes under that battery tray.

so the black wire whose positive counterpart doesnt need to go to the starter? just grounded anywhere will do?
Incorrect. The small black wire which is from the "red cluster" does go to the starter. I have posted about this little black wire in the past.

It is the negative terminal which has the thicker black wires which goes to the ground chassis as well as under the battery tray.

Back