• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My wheels are Back!

TourEnvy

Hard-core CEG'er
Got them back from powder coating they look really nice. I took some pics. I figured i would share. If you didnt read my other thread. I did them in silver, to match OEM specs, the reason i did it was i had two that the person before me made a mess of.

looks good!

I have an extra set I got off a fellow CEG'r a while back that I keep in the garage to throw on in case I ever sell the SVT. They are MINT. By the looks of your pics it seems mine have a good amount more clear. I don't know if mine were refinished or what but they look great and the clear really makes them shine.

Can clear be powder coated on? Did you get it put on?

looks good!

I have an extra set I got off a fellow CEG'r a while back that I keep in the garage to throw on in case I ever sell the SVT. They are MINT. By the looks of your pics it seems mine have a good amount more clear. I don't know if mine were refinished or what but they look great and the clear really makes them shine.

Can clear be powder coated on? Did you get it put on?

Yes, I had an option of clearing over mine an i still do if i want, they can powder clear, but he wanted to charge $100 more, I wanted to stay away of the glassy look and he couldny give me a good enough answer on the finish. My mustang R style wheels must have a clear over them because they are a bit more glassy. I think the glassier, the more plastic they look, but i agree they do make them shine :cool: I wish i had an option to see what it would look like.

Q 17: Why do we recommend top coats over silver metallics and veins or leatherettes with silver?

A: Silver, if exposed to weather will oxidize. Near chrome and super chrome also need a topcoat.

This is what I pulled off there suppliers website. WTF I asked them this question when I brought the wheels in, they said they never heard of that. Im quite irritated to the point I going to say f it and get them done in satin Black. I going to have to call them and see if they did a top coat or not. If they didnt they better do it for cheaper then 100 bones, because this should be figured into the prices when doing and metallics, chrome, etc. Sweet, pay $250 bucks for durability, but theyll oxidize and look like crapola. Someone needs to go back to powder coating school!

Well I just called them and they didnt Top Coat them, and want to charge $125 because they view as an option i guess than a necessity. He was still persistent about saying they never heard of that before.Now the only clear they have is High Gloss and im not down for the liquid wheel look.Hes going to wait until his buddy comes by the shop and ask him what he has for clear.

Back