• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Minnesota Meet Poll

Minnesota Meet Poll

• Twin Cities

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Duluth

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Mid to late August

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Other: Suggest a date people!

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
What overpass? I sure hope someone knows where we are going, cause I'm clueless.. We aughta exchange a few numbers in the morning so we at least have a contact..
Well I posted directions a while back in this thread about where to go.I am still tryin to find a decent map. I will let ya know when I find one. Also we CAN exchange numbers so that you guys arent driving around in a fog:laugh:

Take 35 all the way to duluth, and then there will be two exits for canal park. That should be it. One of the exits will take you near the aquarium and the other will take you to the otherside of canal park.

I haven't put money on my cell phone since Feb, so I am sure the number is not longer mine LOL. I might want to add some before then.

Oops.. I forgot... As to what parking lot we should meet in:
I decided we should meet in the one under the overpass cause all the rest you gotta pay to be in:nonono: .... Stupid city. Other than that I think everything is covered. Except where for sure we wanna eat.:shrug:

Question is - the people comming from the cities, were are we going to meet up so we can "drive" up to Duluth?

I'd like to caravan with you guys to Duluth. Definitely would be a more fun drive! Though we might wanna leave early and hit a car wash in Duluth. I'm sure a 2hr drive North produces it's fair share of bug guts and dirt cover.
You BETTER be coming and not back out. I wanna see that car in person. So dont even think about tryin to get outta coming.:laugh:

Question is - the people comming from the cities, were are we going to meet up so we can "drive" up to Duluth?

Well no point in meeting up in the cities itself if we're all coming from different directions, that just makes more driving. I vote we meet up in like North Branch. Or somewhere else along 35 getting out of town where it's not out of anyone's way.

Which of the two exits do we want for Canal Park then? The aquarium one you were talking about or the other one?

I fixed my rear brakes yesterday. Just have to paint em one more time and I'll think about working on my P0401 code i've had for months :laugh:

Well no point in meeting up in the cities itself if we're all coming from different directions, that just makes more driving. I vote we meet up in like North Branch. Or somewhere else along 35 getting out of town where it's not out of anyone's way.

Which of the two exits do we want for Canal Park then? The aquarium one you were talking about or the other one?

I fixed my rear brakes yesterday. Just have to paint em one more time and I'll think about working on my P0401 code i've had for months :laugh:

Thats what I was getting at - NB sonds good - just a quick drive North for me :laugh:

Thats what I was getting at - NB sonds good - just a quick drive North for me :laugh:

Yeah thats probably about 35-40 minutes for me but it gets us away from the city. What do they have in North Branch where we could meet up in a parking lot? We should probably meet up there around 11:30 and allow us an hour and a half to get to Duluth. So who for sure wants to caravan from the cities (more specifically North Branch)?

1. Redlineracer12
2. KyleQ
3. TRicker?
4. IceFury?

Last edited:
Anybody heard from TRicker? I havn't seen him post here...
I just sent him a txt message...

Last edited:
You sure are confident of that car.... Perhaps I should try and find a track in the area so you can prove your car at the meet.:laugh:

LOL no I like to act like it though :) Especially toward TRicker... Maybe I'd be nicer if he came and picked up that engine hoist this week like he said he would .... :rolleyes:

J/K

Seriously though come get that hoist out of my shed! :laugh: :laugh:

Not faster than Demon....that is one car I would sell a kidney for. :) LOL

I'd have to agree with you :) BUT Demon's car was built to stay NA also hehe mine was not (I like keeping my options open)...

Good to hear. I'm gonna text him to come get that engine hoist or I'm shipping it to him and sending him the bill ;)

I'd have to agree with you :) BUT Demon's car was built to stay NA also hehe mine was not (I like keeping my options open)...

Good to hear. I'm gonna text him to come get that engine hoist or I'm shipping it to him and sending him the bill ;)

LOL - yeah - have him pick that damn thing up. One day I hope to go FI - damn 4x4 is soaking up a couple K's this year doing a solid axle swap and bigger tires :laugh: To many damn hobbies!

It is sad that his car is the second fastest that I know of and it is NA. If only our cars didn't suck so much off the launch. I have yet to be brave enough to launch either of these cars past 2.25K rpms and dropping the clutch.

I will run down there and "ship" the hoist to him. Truck that gets 7 mpg plus an hourly wage, and I should be set.

It is sad that his car is the second fastest that I know of and it is NA. If only our cars didn't suck so much off the launch. I have yet to be brave enough to launch either of these cars past 2.25K rpms and dropping the clutch.

I will run down there and "ship" the hoist to him. Truck that gets 7 mpg plus an hourly wage, and I should be set.

That might not be necessary he says he's coming to get it tomorrow lol

He is also an excellent driver or his track is some freak of nature. These cars are tricky to launch, 1. they're a bit doggy out of the hole especially if the secondaries aren't open, 2. If you run a big enough tire to hook up with the secondaries open you better not have a stock differential :crazy:, and 3. Even with a beefy limited slip you will break axles. I don't know anyone who has the power, the supporting mods, and still drags it except Demon :laugh: It's not impossible to get faster times, just not many people worry about 1/4 mile times.

I consider my car to be fairly quick though at least on the highway, even on the 2.5 I could hang with those fox body mustangs when stock :cool: Mildly modded they started pulling away from me.

Back