• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Someone here has a TURBO!

i am running 10PSI at the moment. the clamps on there were just so i get it on to get some pictures real quick. i have constant torque clamps on them now.

first off, i think its cool that you guys are doing up zetecs.

BUT, i'll put my N/A 3L up against any zetec contour. ive proably said this in this thread already, but i dont believe anyone made 500HP on a zetec yet save professional drag cars that are not streetable.

i was just at a focus meet which had about 25 focuses, and at least 12 of them were boosted. the turbo guys were claiming 350HP ranges and they were talking up a guys focus that was "500HP" and when i talked to him he laughed and said no, its 280. w/e it doesnt matter its boosted its cool im stoked you guys are doing up the zetecs. i think more people need to strap a vortech on them!

of course a Zetec is not going to have as much power potential as a 3L Duratec, it flows much more air than a Zetec ever will...theres no way to get around that, no replacement for displacement.

BUT for the simple fact that nobody else with a zetec tour around here is doin a damn thing it deserves its respect. And no N/A 3L is going to touch a properly built turbo Zetec, sorry.

Can't wait to see more updates...

Trust me, they [Duratec] are awesome in terms of sound and feel. But this is new and fresh, and completely custom.

???? I'm sorry... WHICH turbo kits for the Duratec are you thinking of that AREN'T "completely custom"? The Nautilus kit that was conceived, designed, and built entirely in-house with no help, or what?

There's only one other, and it was the same story.. it was "completely custom". just happened to be mass (well... semi-mass??) produced afterwards..

Congrats, Striker, either way. Nice to see innovative faces!

???? I'm sorry... WHICH turbo kits for the Duratec are you thinking of that AREN'T "completely custom"? The Nautilus kit that was conceived, designed, and built entirely in-house with no help, or what?

There's only one other, and it was the same story.. it was "completely custom". just happened to be mass (well... semi-mass??) produced afterwards..

Congrats, Striker, either way. Nice to see innovative faces!

Nautilus is a performance "company" if you will. This guy built this turbo kit for his zetec tour, he didnt call anybody up, send a huge check to a guy and have a kit show up at his door step. Thats what I meant.

Im not callng the nautilus kit crappy by any means, I have seen it and felt it in action, its brilliantly designed. But what I am saying is that this guy put this together from scratch, to do something different.

Nautilus is a performance "company" if you will. This guy built this turbo kit for his zetec tour, he didnt call anybody up, send a huge check to a guy and have a kit show up at his door step. Thats what I meant.

Im not callng the nautilus kit crappy by any means, I have seen it and felt it in action, its brilliantly designed. But what I am saying is that this guy put this together from scratch, to do something different.

Uhm.. what do you think they created setup for? It was built from scratch, to do something different, he didn't call anybody up, or have send a huge check to anyone for any help. It just so happened that it turned out well enough to sell.

Idk, I'd rather spend my time figuring out a way to shift my finances so I can purchase a car other than a zetec contour. :blackeye:

Jared...read some books on modding cars, leave your car alone, and spend your time on getting done with school so you can bank soon afterwards. :cool:

Uhm.. what do you think they created setup for? It was built from scratch, to do something different, he didn't call anybody up, or have send a huge check to anyone for any help. It just so happened that it turned out well enough to sell.

I know this. I know he built that setup from scratch. I think Joey has an amazing talent, I am saying that what Striker is doing is on a similar level, maybe not as fast as the duratec setups, but Im giving him the same kind of applause for doing work near that level. I'm sure it was probably less expensive and a little easier to build the setup than on the duratecs. Thats all.

I mean this guy is getting more crap for building a custom turbo for a zetec, where as if someone just shows up in the boards having bought the duratec kit they seem to get more praise for it. Thats what I meant, Sorry if my words got jumbled up.

Like I said, I find what he is doing impressive, as well as what Joey did for the duratec crowd, thats all.

I think hes going to give some of the turbo Duratec guys a run for their money. Last I heard hes going to be running 14.5 psi. This has been debaited among the zetec guys for a long time, I truely do think that a silvertop zetec can put down the same numbers as a built turboed duratec for less money.

Not from the videos. I think BeyondLoadedSE is right on the money that a good N/A 3L would run very similar. Don't get me wrong, both are fast though.

Jesus guys, the guy slaps a turbo on HIS mtx Zetec and you guys jump all over him for not going with the 3.0L. He's putting down 3.0L numbers with what he has. Personally I think it is pretty cool.
It is pretty cool. Don't make the mistake of not reading the whole post and making this a real Ruckus :D by accident.
Nobody jumped on him, just the guy claiming it will give a turbo 3L a run for its money. :blackeye:
It will give an NA 3L a run for it's money IMHO and thats pretty dang good if you asked me.

Back