• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Someone here has a TURBO!

I think hes going to give some of the turbo Duratec guys a run for their money. Last I heard hes going to be running 14.5 psi. This has been debaited among the zetec guys for a long time, I truely do think that a silvertop zetec can put down the same numbers as a built turboed duratec for less money.

So a built 2L engine will put down the same power as a built 3L engine. I see how that makes a ton of sense seeing as how a built 3L could easily run in the 15-20 psi range.

How about you just stop posting anything technically related until your head fills with a brain.

Direct comparisons to 3L builds are pointless, but from a benchmark perspective, they can be useful.

A built 3L is typically putting down 400 FWHP reasonably reliably, roughly double the NA output. Most run a little less, a few run more. It's also been in the development stages for a few years to tweak that kind of reliable power. There have been some very experienced, bright, & well educated people working on that project.

Now, if a 2L Zetec doubles the FWHP, that'd be 'bout 220 FWHP. Anything above that in a reliable configuration is nothing short of an amazing feat of technical & engineering design skill for a shade tree mechanic. It's even a challenge for some who call themselves expert to get that power reliably.

I'm looking forward to seeing the progress of this project, and I hope it will become more accessible to all the Zetec guys out there, or at least be an inspiration to find their own workable solutions.

why is it when someone builds a turbo zetec everyone starts calling it slow. but when someone builds a turbo duratec there king ****.

BTW tourdeforce, people run 220+ whp on bone stock zetecs daily. Some have even pushed it past 300fwhp on a bone stock motor, granite it didn't last long it was still attainable, theres no reason that built it cant meet or exceed 300fwhp. Look at some of the drag zetecs puttin down 500+whp.

elraido. can you not read? it says it wasn't even WOT! Let alone not even running his planned boost amount. How can you determine how fast the car is from that vid?.. You can't!

why is it when someone builds a turbo zetec everyone starts calling it slow. but when someone builds a turbo duratec there king ****.

BTW tourdeforce, people run 220+ whp on bone stock zetecs daily. Some have even pushed it past 300fwhp on a bone stock motor, granite it didn't last long it was still attainable, theres no reason that built it cant meet or exceed 300fwhp. Look at some of the drag zetecs puttin down 500+whp.

elraido. can you not read? it says it wasn't even WOT! Let alone not even running his planned boost amount. How can you determine how fast the car is from that vid?.. You can't!

It might be quick but it isn't fast. If it hits 13.5 or lower than I will say that it is fast. Fast is a relative term. And if YOU could read, I said that it is more likly faster than my car....and you notice I never said my car is fast.

It might be quick but it isn't fast. If it hits 13.5 or lower than I will say that it is fast. Fast is a relative term. And if YOU could read, I said that it is more likly faster than my car....and you notice I never said my car is fast.
still makes no sense for your decision!. How can you judge the car before you even see it's potential. btw, on page 1 you just came out and said it doesn't look fast.

I never said it looks fast just for reference either, but from a stock 16 second car to where it's at now is a huge improvement. Nobody seems to recognize this. Once it's all said and done it will be alot quicker then it was on vid.

Wow - pricks come out of the woodwork around here.. I can't watch the vids at work - but congrats, sounds like you did your homework and got a lot of 3L guys out of their trees...

I agree. I have ridden in and seen numerious turbo 3L set ups. Trust me, they are awesome in terms of sound and feel. But this is new and fresh, and completely custom. I am so excited to see this at spring zing (if he makes it) next year.

Hmmm V6 Turbo or 4 Cylinder Turbo...

I'm not saying this isn't cool for a contour, looks good actually. But its not like this is the first turbo 4 i've ever seen or even first turbo zetec i've seen :shrug: Guess I just don't see what all the fuss is about.

You could compare your 500 hp foci running zetecs to the 600 hp Nobles running duratecs.

Edit: I vote ditch the steering wheel cover and crank up the boost :)

heres a few pics

101_0412.jpg

101_0413.jpg

101_0414.jpg

I'm all for turbo'ing crap... but if you're gonna put a turbo 4 cyl in a Contour, use the newer 2.3L duratec 4 cylinder. Now that I wouldn't mind actually seeing.

Also, as for doing the zetec cheaper... granted you might be able to get the car cheaper... but you can get a basic 3L engine for like 500 bucks, and with a little work run 10 psi all day with a much broader torque band.

Nobody said new turbo projects aren't cool... but don't expect us to all drop our jaws because someone turbo'd a heavy POS iron block 4 cylinder.

Back