• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Someone here has a TURBO!

STRIKER2!!!!

That car is going to be a ROCKET when hes said and done with it. Right now it still moves like crazy.

Pretty cool! I guess we'll wait for the owner to get some more specs on the setup. :cool:

By the looks of it though, I bet N/A 3.0Ls would give that a good run.

Pretty cool! I guess we'll wait for the owner to get some more specs on the setup. :cool:

By the looks of it though, I bet N/A 3.0Ls would give that a good run.

I think hes going to give some of the turbo Duratec guys a run for their money. Last I heard hes going to be running 14.5 psi. This has been debaited among the zetec guys for a long time, I truely do think that a silvertop zetec can put down the same numbers as a built turboed duratec for less money.

I think hes going to give some of the turbo Duratec guys a run for their money. Last I heard hes going to be running 14.5 psi. This has been debaited among the zetec guys for a long time, I truely do think that a silvertop zetec can put down the same numbers as a built turboed duratec for less money.

Im sure he could once he gets the motor built, but Im just saying, judging by those videos the speedo looks to be moving at N/A 3.0L speeds (i.e. 200-210 whp 3.0Ls). Id love to see a 400 whp zetec though. That would be awesome. :cool:

Im sure he could once he gets the motor built, but Im just saying, judging by those videos the speedo looks to be moving at N/A 3.0L speeds (i.e. 200-210 whp 3.0Ls). Id love to see a 400 whp zetec though. That would be awesome. :cool:

lol turbo tom anyone??? the focus guy with like 500hp

yeah i rode in a "260" HP zetec focus with a longtube turbo setup, built trans with LSD, and all this stuff. when i left the place next to him he couldnt pull on my car and that was with the 2.5L so i dont know. i would say a turbo zetec at 14psi would get completely worked by a 3L turbo at 10 psi.

i would say a turbo zetec at 14psi would get completely worked by a 3L turbo at 10 psi.

I don't care. I'm just glad to see something different & more options for the community. Besides, the base for this is a much smaller displacement engine. Let's just wait to see how far it's gone from stock & guage the benefits from there.

Cheers to the guys in the trenches!!!! :cool:

I don't care. I'm just glad to see something different & more options for the community. Besides, the base for this is a much smaller displacement engine. Let's just wait to see how far it's gone from stock & guage the benefits from there.

Cheers to the guys in the trenches!!!! :cool:

I agree. I have ridden in and seen numerious turbo 3L set ups. Trust me, they are awesome in terms of sound and feel. But this is new and fresh, and completely custom. I am so excited to see this at spring zing (if he makes it) next year.

thanks for the comments guys. some quick info as i just got in from the drive back from Chicago. the engine i built myself and has 8.7:1 Probe pistons, eagle HSP rods, clevete rod and main bearings, stock crank, head, and cams (cams are on my to-do list eventually). the transmission i also rebuilt with a LSD, and new bearings. between the 2 is stock flywheel and a Spec stage 3 clutch. a 90mm Lightning MAF feeds a Turbonetics T3 Super60 with a Tial 38mm wastegate set at 10PSI. it goes through a (cant think of the brand or size off hand) bar and plate intercooler and then into the stock intake manifold. tuning was done at Logan Motorsports with the PRP and an xcal2. i will get a dyno graph up sometime tomorrow hopefully.

As Hector said those runs were NOT at WOT

Back