• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Checking Interest on LIM MODS

Checking Interest on LIM MODS

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I decide to go 3L in the next month or two I will definitely be in. I have to figure out my trans situation before I could commit.

this product will be a definite manufactured piece and will be milled out of a block of billet aluminum. It will look like factory but even better since you can polished it to a mirror image if you like. The first draft piece will be cut next week I will post pics of the first one. This will be a one of a kind setup and the adaption even became easier than before without compromising your power or pocket book. Joey

Right now he etching in my business logo and name in the piece and is setting up the jigs.

will this be for all 3L motors? escape and taurus motors ? i have a '98 and a '99 svt that will be getting 3L pretty soon. what would be the differnce besides the fuel rail ?

All oval port 3 liter will be able to bolt right up the the upper intake with this part and will have a fuel rail included with the ford quick disconnect fittings.

can / will there be an option to keep the secondaires. i was really thinking about keeping them. i will be going with a '01+ taurus motor

can / will there be an option to keep the secondaires. i was really thinking about keeping them. i will be going with a '01+ taurus motor

Just use your stock LIM and secondaries, port the oval and have the center injector port filled/welded. Just like we are doing now.
This is for those that do not want secondaries because they are going 3L and will have the extra low-end torque to overcome the loss of the secondaries and are getting it tuned, want to run N20 without risk of secondaries not opening, want to run direct port "anything", Boosted, Just don't want to replace the secondary hardware, etc.

Just use your stock LIM and secondaries, port the oval and have the center injector port filled/welded. Just like we are doing now.
This is for those that do not want secondaries because they are going 3L and will have the extra low-end torque to overcome the loss of the secondaries and are getting it tuned, want to run N20 without risk of secondaries not opening, want to run direct port "anything", Boosted, Just don't want to replace the secondary hardware, etc.

i understand that. i was just asking if it might be an option. i will be going with a 3L and didnt want to port the heads if i didnt have to. this would be a direct bolt on so i wouldnt have to port and with any motor swap would get it tuned .

here is what the LIM will look like in 3 deminsional pics. The setup will flow perfect and will make our swaps easier and faster. It will be made of billet aluminum for corrosive resistant and lightweight and can be polished if you like. I will hopefully have a real pic soon. check these out first and tell what you think.
nautilus_manifold.bmp

nautilus_manifold2.bmp

nautilus_manifold6.jpg

It isn't much (if any) thicker than the normal LIM is..

Think about it. The fuel rail, LIM, and injectors are how tall?

This will be about the same.. the fuel rail connections are supplied, so it will bolt up in the same place, and connect in the same place.

I will hopefully have a real pic soon. check these out first and tell what you think.

They look pretty good, has your designer already incorporated the injector ports or are you using this piece to mock up their location? My only suggestion thus far is to incorporate some sort of alignment pin to keep the UIM in line with these two separate pieces.

I will have a brace on top that will keep it plumb and we will add pins on the lower side too. The LIM is the same height as the stock and the injectors holes will be manchined in the peice no welding at all.

What if you have already gasket matched your oval port heads to split port? Do you guys think that this will cause any ill affects in that case?

Last edited:
The piece Joey is making will replace the current LIM, it is not an adapter for it.

Thank you for answering the question. I made this piece to replace it completely so the height will work like factory. The setup will look like it was made for the engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back