• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Whats needed for use of FSVT brakes on CSVT?

so since i will be using all fsvt front brakes should i buy brake hoses for the fsvt or is the csvt one the same?

and for the rear will the stock hose fit the same way?

just trying to make sure i get what i need before i need it.

thanx in advance.

I'll let someone that has installed the full Focus SVT front brakes reply for a certain answer, but I think they are the same.

As for the rears, as long as you are still using the same Contour rear calipers you will use the same brake hoses.

cool thanx. can someone who has done the whole fsvt upgrade please let me know. i have a few questions to ask to clerify things a little more. please pm if you would help. thanx

The end of the hose that connects to the caliper is the same between the CSVT and the FSVT. I have the full FSVT front brakes and I am using braided stainless CSVT brake hoses.

cool thanx. can someone who has done the whole fsvt upgrade please let me know. i have a few questions to ask to clerify things a little more. please pm if you would help. thanx
Considering this information might be beneficial to everyone on this site, keep the replies on this post - not pm's!!! :nonono:
Karl

To my knowledge no one has put FSVT rear calipers on the contour. There just isn't any need for the headaches anyway.

Also the rear kit that I sell works excellent and is probably the cheapest way out there since you are reusing your front CSVT rotors. You can use FSVTrotors on the rear with a different spacer offset but the rotors are really thin and you have to do some other things to make them work.

To my knowledge no one has put FSVT rear calipers on the contour. There just isn't any need for the headaches anyway.

Also the rear kit that I sell works excellent and is probably the cheapest way out there since you are reusing your front CSVT rotors. You can use FSVTrotors on the rear with a different spacer offset but the rotors are really thin and you have to do some other things to make them work.

So what exactly would I need to make FSVT Rear rotors work with the warmonger rear brackets? Do I still need to modify the rear Caliper Bracket?

I have the Full kit just looking for rotors now.

Last edited:
Yes I know that. But can you use FSVT rear rotors instead? I think they are the same diameter but thiner and won't require cutting or grinding the rear caliper Bracket. But I want to know for sure from the expert himself.

I think this was discussed and the verdict was to use the CSVT rotors over the FSVT rotors for safety reasons... I'll see if I can dig up the thread.

Edit: Found it :cool:
http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showpost.php?p=161538&postcount=265

From the second group buy thread: http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=8417&page=7

Last edited:
May be a fix in the "works"....

Pat

Well if you're referring to his post he did come back with a solution:
If you still want to use the FSVT rotors in the rear then we will have to use a combination of the spacer provided and washers to center the rotor and then you will have to have some additional material added to the insides where the pads slide. Joey successfully welded more material onto his and they survived track day at Gingerman this weekend at SZ07.
We are going to look at just pre-prepping CSVT rotors so that you have minimal work to widen the stock brackets out to fit rather than deal with the FSVT thin rotors and add material.

If you want the FSVT rears then we may be able to just start a core-charge exchange where you send us your old rear brackets and then we ship them back to you ready. We aren't sure about the liability of this last option but we already have listed these producst as-is/off-road use/no warranty other than if a part is visibly damaged prior to putting it on.
It is up to you to inspect everything for serviceability anyway.
But I figure the CSVT fronts (278mm) in the back is still the best option.

I don't think that was the last word. I think the last word was don't do it because of the high likelyhood of the pads getting thrown out of the calipers when the pads wear down. The safety issues are just too strong to not address with very robust engineering.

Well if you're referring to his post he did come back with a solution:

But I figure the CSVT fronts (278mm) in the back is still the best option.

Not so fast....

I talked to Joey and we discussed another solution to the pads falling out (Very bad!), I wondered if by adding extra material to the pad's steel backing plate the caliper bracket will not need to be modified. He seems to be busy but he said he was going to try this solution, in a week or two...

We'll see, I'm in no hurry (rear brakes are fine but just look like crap)

Pat

Not so fast....

I talked to Joey and we discussed another solution to the pads falling out (Very bad!), I wondered if by adding extra material to the pad's steel backing plate the caliper bracket will not need to be modified. He seems to be busy but he said he was going to try this solution, in a week or two...

We'll see, I'm in no hurry (rear brakes are fine but just look like crap)

Pat

I hope this works I'd rather not cut the bracket.

Back