• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Whats needed for use of FSVT brakes on CSVT?

LukeDuke

CEG'er
Well I just need to know exactly what year FSVT calipers and rotors fit on CSVT front and rear? Hopefully with no modification. Im not worried about price so can someone please clarify what I need to complete this?

I have searched and found out one thing. That Focus SVT rotors and calipers will fit on the front of my CSVT with the new fsvt caliper brackets with no modificaiton. Is this true? If so what year Focus?

What about the rear? Cant find any good info searching about the rear?

Thanx in advance.

Any year Focus SVT front brakes will fit with very little modification. The spacing to get the caliper centered over the rotor requires using stainless steel washers as spacers. You MUST use the Focus SVT front caliper brackets which are only available with the calipers when purchased new. Ford does not sell the brackets separately.

To the best of my knowledge, no one has tried to fit the rear Focus SVT brakes to a Contour so you are on your own. If you do it, let us know what is needed.

An alternative is to use the Warmonger front and rear kit. It permits the use of the Focus SVT front rotors and the use of you old front rotors on the back.

An alternative is to use the Warmonger front and rear kit. It permits the use of the Focus SVT front rotors and the use of you old front rotors on the back.

When you figure in the cost of the SVTF front brake calipers alone you are already paying what you would to get a front and rear kit from Warmonger. So basically it costs the same to do the front and rear with Warmonger's kit as to what it would cost to only do the front with SVTF calipers/brackets.

But if money is not an issue you could get the SVTF front setup and the Warmonger rear kit which would yield a slightly larger caliper/pad on the front brakes and you'd still get the bigger rear rotors (your old fronts which are pretty close to the same size as SVTF rears). Unless your calipers are bad or something I would just go with the full Warmonger setup, thats what I have :) just my opinion

ok i got the front down i think. but, not sure what do do about the rear. i can get fsvt rear calipers so no body knows if they will fit on the rear of a csvt? but the front calipers on our csvt will fit on our rear is that correct? im guessing with the front rotor also? any other info would help. thanx again.

ok i got the front down i think. but, not sure what do do about the rear. i can get fsvt rear calipers so no body knows if they will fit on the rear of a csvt? but the front calipers on our csvt will fit on our rear is that correct? im guessing with the front rotor also? any other info would help. thanx again.

No, no one uses the front calipers from the contour to move to the rear because you would lose your e-brake. The front rotor will fit with a little grinding/sanding but you need to either get creative with an SVTF rear caliper setup or re-use your SVTC rear calipers and get the warmonger rear kit.

Hope that clears it up a bit

There is no benefit to using the FSVT rear caliper over the existing CSVT rear caliper. Use the Warmonger rear kit to install the original CSVT front rotors on the rear and retain the original CSVT rear calipers.

On the front you will need the complete FSVT brake caliper and bracket available from Ford along with the FSVT front rotors. You will also need as mentioned above 4 stainless steel washers all of even thickness approx. 2 mm thick to center the caliper and bracket over the rotor.

It would also be a good time to install stainless steel brake lines at the same time.

ok i get it now. so its just using fsvt parts in the front and a mix of csvt front and rear parts in the rear. this is pretty confusing but if it works thats what counts.

what will be needed to use csvt rear calipers on fsvt rear rotors in the rear of my csvt? i can get the calipers and rotors myself so no need to buy the kit from warmonger. so then what can i do?

I believe that FSVT rear rotors are bigger than the CSVT rear rotors so you will need to fabricate a custom bracket to move the caliper position. Do the smart thing and buy the Warmonger kit. You're going to end up spending a lot more money if you don't.

ok i meant to ask this. what will i need to use csvt rear calipers with csvt front rotors on my csvt rear? this is what the rear of warmonger kit includes correct? but will it just bolt up or is there a custom bracket needed?

It's a 3mm spacer not 2. If you used a 2 it wasn't a good idea.

Umm yeah. The spacers I used are 2.2 mm and I have had absolutly NO problems. IIRC it was either a 2 or 3 or somewhere inbetween will work as long as they are all the same thickness.

does anyone have a pic of the bracket from the warmonger kit that is used in the rear? i am going to get my own parts but would need the bracket and get get ahold of him.

Nobody is going to help you duplicate a bracket that a CEG'er and a good guy spent a lot of his own time and money to produce. You're not going to be saving any money by doing this yourself. Go to his website and purchase the kit $150 or something like that isn't even expensive.

all im trying to do is buy the bracket from him but i have not heard a response from my pm. i dont need the whole kit cuz i can get it for cheaper. i would just like to buy the bracket from him. im am in no way trying to duplicate his part.

Back