• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Monster Miata anyone?

csvt2200

Veteran CEG'er
So I went to this lil car show last night and came out with two pics... lol A Miata with a 5.0 in it. :shocked: They call this a Monster Miata!

miataew0.jpg

miata50ky2.jpg

Ive seen one with an LS1 in it but not a 5.0.... i bet you it just sits there and spins on the line:laugh:

There's been a kit available to build them for quite a while now....it's pretty damn easy to do actually....

There's been a kit available to build them for quite a while now....it's pretty damn easy to do actually....

yup, there is one in Midland where I grew up, I was getting ready to leave work one day going out to my Corolla (when it still was mine) and I hear a beautiful 5.0. I thought to myself "That is one sexy sounding 5.0L" I look up to see a first gen miata ripping down the road at about 70 miles an hour, he made another pass also. GOD it was fast.

I got a ride in a MM a few years ago at Willow springs - WOW - talk about
cheap speed!

too bad they are also like driving a hammer - all the weight is up front, and they push like mad.

Actually with the LS1 theres like a 50lb difference between the stock iron I4 and the aluminum V8...much better engine choice.

Looks like your at Bakers in Milford. There is a red one that has been up there every Sunday for like 5 years. Though I thought it was supercharged.

i feel so special, i haven't been on contour.org in awhile because i actually bought a miata. i've been spending uber time on miata.net and clubroadster.net and have actually been considering and shopping for a 5.0 and the day i decide to take a trip back to contourville, this thread is in here...i wanna almost cry i'm so happy.

btw: if you can get the monsters to hook up good, then you'll have a extremely fast car. there's a guy with a chevy 5.7 the doesn't hook worth crap and runs 11.8s...it's freakin rediculious

I've never seen one personally, But then again I'm not a fan them either...
Not sure if you're talking about the MM or just plain jane Miatas, but I personally wasn't a fan either till my parents bought their '91. After driving it a few times I fell in love.

Back