• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

good and bad areas of detroit?

silverfrost

CEG'er
picking up a set of wheels near detroit. i'm from southeastern wisconsin and making the trip all the way over yander to pick them up. don't ask me why the dufus wont ship, but i told him i was willing to make the drive. :rolleyes: i'm not so familiar with the area and was wondering if i was headed towards the bad side of town where i should prepare myself to get shot at. :laugh:

the guy lives on caniff st. in hamtramck, mi

any word on the area would be great. thanks

Have him meet you in the suburbs! :D

I suppose he isn't a CEG guy, is he? Anyways, you'll be alright going to ham, it is only 85% Muslim there now. They love Americans anyways.

don't be afraid of ham-town... stop in at Polish Village Cafe or Polonia and get some food while you're down there... they're right over on the corner.

dude hamtramick aint good but it aint bad, dont go there @ night and your good anywhere in detroit if the suns down anything goes thought, my band played @ paychecks in hamtramick and we were loading our equipment and next thing i know a car full of kids hop out @ the intersection and start talkin ****, didnt go anyfarther than a few punches but it was still stupid as ****

Anywhere near Detroit is a cesspool to me. :crazy:

I spotted which wheels you are buying, they look nice. :cool:

I'm with Necro if you want to go down with someone, I dont like the detroit area too much at all, seen it at night most of the time so I don't get much of a good impression of the area.

In most areas of detroit, you have to watch out for the cops more than anything else. I hate to say it, because I have some DPD friends, but.. they will admit it too that most of DPD cops are twisted or flipped.

Follow barge's advice. Act like you have some balls, and nobody will mess with you. Use common sense, and or street sense if you have any. Keep your tank full of gas and drive to the guys house and leave. Like Reeb's said the area you're going to is fine.

:cool:

dude Hamtramck aint good but it aint bad, don't go there @ night and your good anywhere in Detroit if the suns down anything goes thought, my band played @ paychecks in Hamtramck and we were loading our equipment and next thing i know a car full of kids hop out @ the intersection and start talking ****, didn't go any farther than a few punches but it was still stupid as ****
When my old band played there I thought our equipment might get jacked but it never did. Though I've personally never had a problem anywhere in D-Town (might just be my size but who knows) I know of people who have but they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. There fixed Hamtramck for everyone (spelling anyways)

I know this topic is dead now but...

Has anyone ever eaten at "The Whitney"-- The old mansion bought (or built, I forget it was a few years back with the Ex) for 17K that is now worth millions of dollars, turned into an expensive eatery haha... Pretty good food I must say, and right near the Wayne State Campus! hahahahaa

It is for sure one of those.. When you eat there you are more than welcome to take a tour around the whole place.. It's an amazing house with more bedrooms than you can imagine. Some of the hauntings were about noises obviously around the rooms and even the elevator stopping in the middle of floors, etc, etc.

ehhhh, No thanks.. :nonono:

I really do recommend the place though.. Full course meal, which is delicious(especially noted for brunch)- They have tons of pictures of celebrities who have been there, etc etc. - The staircase through the house is amazing, probably 10-15 ft. wide. If not for the meal, for the remarkable house with a lot of history behind it (if your into that sort of thing) lol

Yeah, it is definitely on my "list" of future places to go. I usually forget about it though when planning a date-out with my fiance'. :cool:

Back