• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

csvt prices

99SE

CEG'er
If I found a bone stock csvt with around 50k miles on it what kind of price range would it be in? I'd like to get one and get rid of the se. The svt looks so much better.

If I found a bone stock csvt with around 50k miles on it what kind of price range would it be in? I'd like to get one and get rid of the se. The svt looks so much better.

$4500 - $5900

Depending on condition and year.

Last edited:
Preferably a 2000 model but 1999 would probably do.

I might consider a se with svt bumpers and a 3l engine though.

My wife has no interest in driving a stick so getting a se would be better for her but if I got a svt then that means that she would stay out of it.

What are you guys paying for insurance for the svt?

Preferably a 2000 model but 1999 would probably do.

I might consider a se with svt bumpers and a 3l engine though.

My wife has no interest in driving a stick so getting a se would be better for her but if I got a svt then that means that she would stay out of it.

What are you guys paying for insurance for the svt?

$64/month full coverage....27 years old no tickets/accidents

$77 per/month full coverage on my SVT. I am 20 years old and a pretty clean record. I would be screwed if insurance was based on HP. :D

$64/month full coverage....27 years old no tickets/accidents

Whoa whoa whoa easy there. It depends on the state!

OP: What do you pay NOW for insurance?

Because I'm 19 1/2 and I pay $160/month for comprehensive. No collision. Glass, though. But this just happens to be a Massachusetts thing...

Insurance on my SVT costs 50% more than my LX in Ontario.

I estimate that SVT's cost around 10-15% more to run and maintain overall. They are also easier to break.

If you want a clean low mileage SVT, you should be prepared to jump on it. It may not seem like it on the CEG, but these cars can sell quickly. All it takes is a test drive.

ATX Contiques = teh suck.

Yeah it does but I'm not all about going fast. I just like to drive a sweet looking car and I've fallen in love with the contour. I'd be sad when mine dies. Hopefully if I don't get a svt that my se would last for a long time.

I like the power from the take off not really the top end. I'm not really excited about going 100mph.

Yeah it does but I'm not all about going fast. I just like to drive a sweet looking car and I've fallen in love with the contour. I'd be sad when mine dies. Hopefully if I don't get a svt that my se would last for a long time.

I like the power from the take off not really the top end. I'm not really excited about going 100mph.

These cars suck at the bottom end (traction etc)....they don't really like to get up and go until you hit third in them...that is when they like to stretch their legs.

These cars suck at the bottom end (traction etc)....they don't really like to get up and go until you hit third in them...that is when they like to stretch their legs.

I disagree, 1st and 2nd were my favorite gears when I was N/A 2.5L, even with the stock diff.

I've noticed that my se doesn't like to take off until its around 3500 rpm but traction is no problem with the atx.

....they don't really like to get up and go until you hit third in them...

No.

I disagree, 1st and 2nd were my favorite gears when I was N/A 2.5L, even with the stock diff.

Yes.

Third gear is where the acceleration starts to drop off for me due to the taller gearing. Dunno why yours doesn't "get up and go" in 1st or 2nd, I've unintentionally chirped the tires on the 1-2 shift several times. Still gettin used to a car that can do that. ;)

Last edited:
No.

Yes.

Third gear is where the acceleration starts to drop off for me due to the taller gearing. Dunno why yours doesn't "get up and go" in 1st or 2nd, I've unintentionally chirped the tires on the 1-2 shift several times.

1st and 2nd are fine for me and I have had them "chirp" into second as well (even did that on the se), but once you hit third is when you start to pull from other cars....and you can tell there is a LOT more left in the engine.

1st and 2nd are fine for me and I have had them "chirp" into second as well (even did that on the se), but once you hit third is when you start to pull from other cars....and you can tell there is a LOT more left in the engine.

Ehh... not really. My contour was fast in 2nd and 3rd, 4th was slow (5th is slower) And 1st was short.

Back