• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Started project free SVT today....

Progress was made....

In addition to getting Joe's car 60% assembled, I also took advantage of the nice weather got the front sub frame painted as well as the trailing arms which i can now install the poly bushings in. Thanks to Mike for all his help. :cool:

60% sounds good to me, I can't wait to drive it! It will feel like a brand new car almost..... yippie! Oh, and was it lovely last night. I cleaned my garage until 9:30 last night to make room for my purple people eater :)

I have a feeling I'm going to have to add an additional one to the mix.. :(

I would try adding some decent size cans where the stock resonator is located.

I've been doing some reading and i think it might actually help power. But that's just a theory.

I would try adding some decent size cans where the stock resonator is located.

I've been doing some reading and i think it might actually help power. But that's just a theory.

I've got a 16" long striate thru magnaflow unit i used to have on my SE's 2.5" system that i was intending to re-use....but wasn't planning on a rear muffler, or a rear half of an exhaust for that matter....

It is horrible how things work that way..... I hope he has a good day or two to do any tuning and trouble shooting he may need. I will be out there hopefully a couple times before we leave....

Holy :censored::censored::censored::censored: i'm tired....

and broke...:shrug:

All engine bolts/gaskets are on order and should be here before the weekend. PRT is now registered at NAPA and the local ford dealer so i get dealer pricing on all parts. :)

Last edited:
I hope that helps save a few bux for parts you need..... I feel kinda bad that you still need so much yet.

Back