• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th

Pokat - is that the weather for Knoxville or Robbinsville or Tellico Plains? Keep in mind we'll be waaaay up in the mountains, so if that's Knoxville weather, it'll be a lot colder than that. Which is good, because cold weather usually scares away the bikes; plus leaves are starting to fall. :cool:

I really think traffic shouldn't be too bad up there except for sight see-ers. Though the tail of the dragon itself isn't a huge sight seeing road compared to many surrounding roads.

Changed the oil today, put fog light in, and got the car washed. All I gotta do now is bleed the brakes, clean out the inside and load it up. I'll probably leave albany round 9am.

Last edited:
bought some two ways last night!!!!!!!!!! 17mi range (supposedly) Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh I don't even have my wheels on a week and catch a nail or staple or something in it!!!!!!!!! had to get that fixed today :mad: it never seems to end with this car LOL

Okay, as requested, the weather according to http://www.wunderground.com for Robbinsville, NC.

partlycloudy.GIF
Friday
Partly cloudy in the morning...then clearing. Highs in the lower 50s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph.
nt_sunny.GIF
Friday Night
Mostly clear. Cold with lows around 30. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

nt_sunny.GIF
Saturday and Saturday Night
Mostly clear. Highs around 60. Lows in the lower 30s.

partlycloudy.GIF
Sunday
Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 60s.

nt_partlycloudy.GIF
Sunday Night
Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 40s.

Brrrrrrrr !!

Brrrrrrrr !!

I just looked at accuweather.com for my home town (Sanibel, FL) & for Tellico Plains ...

I leave here just at the time of Thursday night's low of
75 F ...
and Friday night at Tellico Plains is forecast
to drop to 25 F !!!!

That's 50 degrees different in 24 hours ....

Do the cabins have heat??? (Or do I bring my own space heater?)

Yeah you'll have heat there. Keep in mind; you're going from FL, that's at sea level, to Tellico Plains, that's way up in the mountains. The Cherahola tops out over 6,000ft.

nt_partlycloudy.GIF
Sunday Night
Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 40s.
Ha moon is really messed up now.

Me, marge, and zach ran up to the top of the cherohola (is it huckleberry?) one cool night and chilled for a few minutes there. It was cold up there that night, but man if we do that this time, we're gonna freeze.

How bad? You can change it out tomorrow if need be or if it ain't bad, just don't act the fool in the hairpins and you should be OK. And of course, you're sure it's the axle? Lot of other stuff can be making noises right there.

nope i know its the CV axle. i have had 3 on the passenger side(due to faulty ford parts) and know all the symptoms. I'm still bringing her and play it safe but have fun. hell, if it comes down to it ill rent a bicycle and run the dragon. im going to have fun either way lol

Good attitude. You'll have fun. If it comes down to it, I have no problem letting you get a minute or two behind my wheel (but that's about it, only got a weekend to play up there). And we'll get you home of course if the worst happens.

thanks for the offer and encouraging words

im not worried. if it happens it happens if it doesnt and i make it home the next time i drive it will be with new cv axle and some other things.

I think you have about the same attitude as me. I'm actually stocking up on certain parts, so when something happens, I'll be down for a minimal amount of time (and money) and come out better than before.

ill be calling someone when i leave tomoro and when i get close and when i arrive if no one is there ya'll all have a safe trip hope to see yall soon

Back