• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Started project free SVT today....

Started disassembly of the parts ar today after picking it up this morning. Had a little mishap this afternoon however that kind f hindered any progress, Mike blew the diff in his trans by my house and we had to get the car taken to PRT, His trans will be swapped next week after the new parts car is stripped.

Started disassembly of the parts ar today after picking it up this morning. Had a little mishap this afternoon however that kind f hindered any progress, Mike blew the diff in his trans by my house and we had to get the car taken to PRT, His trans will be swapped next week after the new parts car is stripped.

WHAT??? HOW HE DOESN'T UNDERSTAND THE TERM FLAT FOOTING IT!?????hahahahahahahahahahaaaa

Mike an I made a lot of progress last night stripping the new car. The H&Rs had only 1k miles on them and it's obvious, they're brand new. The trans fluid was beautiful at 7k miles. All of the car's wiring is junk as it was BADLY hacked up for install of an alarm and Apexi(that was cut off before sale)...the wiring job is just atrocious, zip ties and electrical tape galore, and wires run behind the splash shields with no other methods of securing them to the body. 5 pieces of wire butt-connected together to make a 10 foot section....seriously. :nonono:. The engine harness is junk not only from the splicing but also the fact part of the harness was cut off entirely to remove MIL eliminators...didn't even know they were gone until i started tearing into the car. Had i purchased this car as a driver, it would be returned based on the wiring alone.

That would have needed ALOT of work to become a driver again LOL! Sorry to hear about the hack job, but sounds like you're makin good progress with the "Free" car. :cool:

4 hours alone today and......

All sub frames dropped and suspension removed
All wiring removed
rear end fully disasembled
Front end fully dissembled
trunk and rear seat area 100% gutted

What's left for tomorrow:

Drop gas tank
Pull HVAC
Remove brake booster and pedal assembly
Remove windshield
Start cutting!

That's it :shocked:

After the slow start Mike and I got i was concerned about getting the car stripped in 4 days....but it looks like we'll pull it off just fine. :cool:

Mission completed. I'm picking up some new Sawzall blades and i've got just a few more cuts to make. Car has been completely stripped to bare chassis and partially cut apart in about 12 hours. :shocked: I'm pretty damn proud of myself, and thanks to Mike for lending a hand when he could as always. :cool:

Back