• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Started project free SVT today....

sheesh, wish all you were around when i was a contour owner.. would have been cool, when i owned mine there was a small few, i ended up having to hang around a bunch of probe fans lol...

good to see people still keeping these cars alive.. wish i didnt buy my fusion, should have saved 10k and got a nice SVT.. grrr..

not saying fusion is bad car, its very nice, just the payments, ya, i forgot about that after having contour paid off a few years lol.

Progressing slowly.....

Took the day today to clutter my mind with car stuff and spent all day at the shop.

Took in a pile of scrap metal and pre-cats and got $80 for the project, my balance right now is $153.59 :cool:

I've also done a lot of re-arranging at the shop and I built a dolly for the car that it rides on now with 4 casters so i can move it however and wherever i need around the shop by myself, very handy. Door wiring still has to be pulled, but other than that, theres nothing more i need to remove, so the buildup can begin.

Pictures of the progress coming soon as well as details on the cars new wiring layout...

~Josh

Last edited:
Picture time...

Picture time...

Been a busy beaver:

you won't see much of this wiring returning to the car

100_4156.jpg

stripped and ready for re-assembly

100_4157.jpg

100_4158.jpg

100_4161.jpg

100_4162.jpg

The new cart....in the process of shop re-organizing

100_4166.jpg

100_4165.jpg

very interesting.... that thing is clean as hell

BTW -- that brake booster is rusty as hell...mine looks a trillion times better than that one if you want to barter later.

very interesting.... that thing is clean as hell

BTW -- that brake booster is rusty as hell...mine looks a trillion times better than that one if you want to barter later.

I've been cleaning the car as i go, it was dirty as hell before it was clean as hell/ :)

Last edited:
Bought another parts car......with 56K on it.....and a ton of goodies for both cars as well as some spare parts for any future "whoops there's a wall" incidents with the track car. :cool: I will be selling the HMS trans out of the car with about 10K on it to recoup the purchase price of the car and then guess what time it is? That's right kids free parts time! Aren't you excited, i know i am.

The cr is being picked up the 26th and must be stripped, cut up, and hauled away by the 31st....this is going to be fun.:drool:

Parts to be installed on BLKOUT2:

H&Rs(free from parts car) with Konis(yet to be purchased)
Stock SVT swaybar and rear subframe
Stock rear arms from my stockpile
Mint condition wiper cowl...so beautiful

Parts to be installed on Free SVT: (*=from BLKOUT2) all other parts from new parts car(with 56K remember :))

*Koni/GC setup w/upgraded bearings
*tubular PRT rear suspension arms
*Ausie bar
*Upgraded and reinforced rear subframe
Seam welded front subframe(to be welded by PRT)
Steering rack
Spec Stage 3 Clutch
Spec Flywheel
MSDS headers
Brake booster and pedal assemblies
Magnacore wires

/\ this is just the beginning /\

Expect to see the race car on the ground again before fall.

Last edited:
so you bought the car that Joe just bought from him? I was offered the tranny and passed.

Yes, the car was offered to me first but i had to pass, but later decided i just had to have it...so i bought it. :cool:

Wanna buy a tranny? :laugh:

Got the UIM and oil pan from OB1, so it shouldn't be long before the break-in engine is ready to fire. The UIM's PVC line got damaged in shipping, so i'll be drilling out the line and putting in an NPT/barbed hose fitting in it's place, should work just fine. Work is halted for now to get ready for the meet this weekend, but after that....

1) Get engine assembled
2) Swap master cylinder, bend new hard lines
3) Bolt on trans, mount in car
4) Add wiring
5) Test-fire engine :cool:

Somewhere in there I'll find time to swap suspensions and get the car on the ground again as well.....and take it for a spin.

~Josh

you have lotsa lotsa work to do.... we will have a good time on sat.

After Crispy's car is done tomorrow morning, the entire rest of the day is all about taking it easy. Sunday is going to be nuts as I'm intending to have the engine, trans and suspension all off and broken down before sundown....that'll make mon-thur so much easier.

Back