• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Started project free SVT today....

that looks like a **** load of fun..... I should go down there by you... - when is the next day you will really be diving in again? I will wear my black coord slippers too! hurray for spice rack! later - JOE

You're welcome to come down any time. I'll be going nuts on it again Thursday and Friday i think. Want to get the rest of the interior pulled and the HVAC system out as well as get started pulling the wiring out of the interior. I might have some e-brake cables for you to remove. ;)

~Josh

I'm commin down friday! hurray - what time is good for you....? I'm excited! Should I bring anything?

I'm commin down friday! hurray - what time is good for you....? I'm excited! Should I bring anything?

Should be there by 6:15...working OT right now so i'm getting there later than usual.

Bring that extra rear view mirror with the metal piece for the windshield!!!Please!

~Josh

no problem. should I bring my angle grinder with a cutoff wheel to start gutting the doors? A BFH for anything? Beer? Extra parts? let me know. I will stop for food on the way down and pick us up something go000d if you want something. ok - bye

no problem. should I bring my angle grinder with a cutoff wheel to start gutting the doors? A BFH for anything? Beer? Extra parts? let me know. I will stop for food on the way down and pick us up something go000d if you want something. ok - bye

Some beer is always nice.....spotted cow if you have some. :) Miller is good too.

All i really need you to bring is that mirror, the Festiva needs it bad. :cool:

Parts still remaining on hte interior as of tonight....carpet, and wires....thAt is all. :drool:

I've decided to do CEG a bit of a favor as well with this project, i'm going to weight every part of the car that i remove or modify and compile a spreadsheet for the inquiring minds....kind of like what that dude did with documenting the weight reduction of his Saturn SC2.

~Josh

Have you gotten an oil pan yet? I have one I'll send you from a 2.5 & I have an escape pan that needs to be welded b/c one of the corners broke off of it. I'm interested in that gold UIM, since i'm working on a black/gold theme for the wifes tour. I also have several engine parts lying around & a parts car handy so shoot me a pm if I can help in any way.

Last edited:
I do still need an oil pan, the UIM is the only other good one i have(the black one was damaged in the rollover beyond repair). I do however have about 5 mound of the powder i used on my engine bay parts left over at the shop, if you want it, it's yours for the oil pan. There's plenty there to do a UIM, Maf, and valve covers.

I do need a passenger half shaft, but not immediately.

~Josh

More updates:

Shown is progress from both Thursday and Friday nights. Joe came down Friday and helped out...needless to say good time were had.

msc125.jpg

msc108.jpg

msc110.jpg

msc112.jpg

msc113.jpg

msc122.jpg

msc120.jpg

msc126.jpg

Theres two videos from Joe's visit in pics and vids

Tis true! Also if you're going for the lightest possible, make sure you remove all the sound deadening from the firewall on both sides. Theres a lot of weight loss to be gained there.

we'll get on that! I had a blast and should be back for more.... no playing around next time. All work. Later - JOE

Tis true! Also if you're going for the lightest possible, make sure you remove all the sound deadening from the firewall on both sides. Theres a lot of weight loss to be gained there.

It's in the plans....one step at a time. Pulled most of the interior wiring today and cleaned like a mofo so i had room to work out there again, i'll be back out there tonight for round two and might pull the insulation tonight.

~Josh

I do still need an oil pan, the UIM is the only other good one i have(the black one was damaged in the rollover beyond repair). I do however have about 5 mound of the powder i used on my engine bay parts left over at the shop, if you want it, it's yours for the oil pan. There's plenty there to do a UIM, Maf, and valve covers.

I do need a passenger half shaft, but not immediately.

~Josh
How about I send you my spare UIM the oil pan & the half shaft for your UIM!

that looks like a **** load of fun..... I should go down there by you... - when is the next day you will really be diving in again? I will wear my black coord slippers too! hurray for spice rack! later - JOE

X2 I'd like too join if I had time some day you were working on stuff..

How about I send you my spare UIM the oil pan & the half shaft for your UIM!

SVT UIM? If so I'm in 100%

One thing i need to point out is that one of the TB bolt holes is stripped, but i can fix that with a threaded insert for you prior to shipping.

I will also include the gold MAF that matches it as well as the left over powder.

~Josh

Update:

The entire car now consists of only wiring and peddles and sheet metal.....

Went nuts on the car today and in the course of a bout 5 hours dropped the entire rear suspension, pulled the carpet, all trunk wiring, most of the door wiring, the sound deadening from the firewall both engine and cabin side and stripped all the engine bay wiring. Car is ALMOST just a shell. Also began separating the dash harness to eliminate all unneeded parts. More of that to come tomorrow as well as pictures. :cool:

~Josh

Back