• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Kaboom

Redlineracer12

Addicted CEG'er
Here are some pics that Tyler requested.

on the side of an entrance ramp getting on 494.

Engine%20002.jpg

EnginePieces.JPG

More pictures to come this week when I finish pulling the heads. (Engine is already out)

More pictures

More pictures

After slaving over the engine stand all evening I pulled all my timing components and got the cylinder heads off. It's pretty brutal. Turns out I had two bad pistons and my dad and I's theory is that the wrist pin failed causing that piston to lock up and those rods are pretty tough so something had to give.

Engine001.jpg

Engine006.jpg

Engine008.jpg

Engine009.jpg

Engine010.jpg

Engine011.jpg

Engine012.jpg

Engine013.jpg

Photography by Sandy

Looks about like what happened to my friend Toms GP GTP engine. he lives up there in Inver Grove. Blue 98 GTP with a full race block, rebuilt the trans about 3 times. happen to know him?

Looks about like what happened to my friend Toms GP GTP engine. he lives up there in Inver Grove. Blue 98 GTP with a full race block, rebuilt the trans about 3 times. happen to know him?

Yes I know Tom, he has the daytona pace car edition. He only lives about 3 houses away from me :laugh:

JB weld ftw!

yeah the ol automatic makes it feel really slow. to bad GM never cme out with a manual version, they would have kicked ass.

yeah the ol automatic makes it feel really slow. to bad GM never cme out with a manual version, they would have kicked ass.

Yeah and I've never seen much for those autos holding up much more than a stock GTP much less a built one. I do remember seeing one at the track with an intercooler that put down like low 12s in the 1/4 so he must've figured something out ;)

thanks for the pics, good luck with the "new" plan, i hope that works well! <wink wink> im sure IT WILL or the warranty will cover it haha. call me when you get it in, i'll pick up the hoist and get a ride!

thanks for the pics, good luck with the "new" plan, i hope that works well! <wink wink> im sure IT WILL or the warranty will cover it haha. call me when you get it in, i'll pick up the hoist and get a ride!

Lol I will but I have no idea when I'm going to be done... I am done with the hoist now though (at least til I get everything else ready to go) so if you need it back you can get it anytime. I'm working on finding someone to get a complete valve job done.

Back