• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Udp

I got mine off ebay for about that same price and have not had any problems with it. i say go ahead and buy it and even if it doesnt work your only out about $30 and you can probably sell it to some focus owner for that or maybe more.

I got mine off ebay for about that same price and have not had any problems with it. i say go ahead and buy it and even if it doesnt work your only out about $30 and you can probably sell it to some focus owner for that or maybe more.

Yea thats true... i think ill get it. Did you install it yourself? if so was it hard to do, and what size belt did you put on after?

the hardest part of the install was getting the crankshaft pulley bolt off. if you dont have an impact its a real PITA. as for belt size i bought a couple different sizes that were smaller than my original one and ended up using the one that is only one size smaller.

Maybe when i get payed again...i gotta get tires first, hit belts last night:laugh: Thanks for the link

Pulley came in today...looks good. Im installing it within the next few days. Ill let everyone know when its on :D

Pulley is on...it is one of the best 30 dollars i have ever spent. extremely happy with the all around performance it gave...i recomend it even though its a no named ebay pulley

It wasnt that bad... just need a pretty good impact wrench and its a zip... it took me and my brother about a half hour to do it... and most of that time was putting the belt on:laugh:

benifit?

benifit?

im new to cars in general. what do i get out of putting a underdrive pully on my car

I'm new to this forum, so maybe this has been addressed, but I've read that underdrive pulleys can cause damage to engine. Has anyone else heard this? Has anyone been using a udp for awhile without issue? Below I included a link to the article describing how udp's aren't good for your engine. I know this article is for Celica's, but it sounds like the basis for the article would apply to any car...

http://www.toyotacelicaonline.com/pulleys.htm

that actually does not apply to the zetec engine as we dont have a harmonic balancer for the crankshaft pulley. i have been using an UDP for almost a year now with no problems as have several other CEGers.

Sounds good

Sounds good

that actually does not apply to the zetec engine as we dont have a harmonic balancer for the crankshaft pulley. i have been using an UDP for almost a year now with no problems as have several other CEGers.

Thanks for the information. I'm going to get one now as they do appear to be good hp for the $$. I'll probably get the MAC one off of zxtuner.com. :laugh:

Thanks for the information. I'm going to get one now as they do appear to be good hp for the $$. I'll probably get the MAC one off of zxtuner.com. :laugh:

If you just want a cheap one i recomend the one thats on ebay...i have that one and i love it...im pretty sure its just about the same thing...maybe even lighter if you wanna get that detailed

Just make sure the UDP is name brand, don't get some random pulley.
If it's not balanced, then it will cause crank wobble.
Saving $40 now just to pay $400 later is not a deal.

Back