• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ebay HID Lights

I have a set in my contour.There ok but no blue affect.Lighting is better.IMO if you have the money go with a true HID..

I'm not trying to spend tons of $$$ on real HID's either. I know, I know, but this is just my daily driver. I have been looking at knock off HID looking bulbs a LOT too.

I know NOKYA's aren't exactly 'E-bay junk' but I've heard pretty good reviews about the NOKYA 7000K Arctic White - Stage I and II bulbs. Does anyone have these? Has anyone ever seen the Stage I next to a Stage II to compare them?

I'm worried about getting the Stage II and having my wiring harness melting. I'm sure I'd like the Stage II look better, but I don't know if I'm willing to pay the $40 bucks more for a couple heavy duty wiring harnesses.

I have had the stage 2's for quite some time now and havent had any problems. I had philips Blue Vision before these and i was going for the same bluish tint and i def didnt get it out them. they were more bright white than blue.

I was just wondering, cause I think one project that I can actually get done right now would be to put in a Silverstar Halogen or something of the same varity. And while I am at it I'm thinking about trying the clear corners after I do the waterpump.

the silverstars turn signal bulbs look good real good when u clear your corners :eek:

I agree. I have them in my corners and they look great. I have the Silverstar headlight bulbs, and my brights are bright as HELL! They are really bright, but they don't have any kind of cool look to them. They are as plain as can be.

I have had the stage 2's for quite some time now and havent had any problems. I had philips Blue Vision before these and i was going for the same bluish tint and i def didnt get it out them. they were more bright white than blue.

So the philips didn't have the blue tint, or the NOKYA's didn't have the blue tint you were looking for? I'm confused. Do you have the stage II with the standard wiring harness, or did you upgrade to a plug-n-play heavy duty harness?

I'm not trying to spend tons of $$$ on real HID's either. I know, I know, but this is just my daily driver. I have been looking at knock off HID looking bulbs a LOT too.

I know NOKYA's aren't exactly 'E-bay junk' but I've heard pretty good reviews about the NOKYA 7000K Arctic White - Stage I and II bulbs. Does anyone have these? Has anyone ever seen the Stage I next to a Stage II to compare them?

I'm worried about getting the Stage II and having my wiring harness melting. I'm sure I'd like the Stage II look better, but I don't know if I'm willing to pay the $40 bucks more for a couple heavy duty wiring harnesses.

Don't mess around with that crap. The wattage is way too high for the factory wiring to handle. I've read of a handful of CEGers melting wires from cheap high wattage bulbs.

Noyka Stage II 9005:

Consumption Wattage: 100W

Silverstar 9005:

Consumption Wattage: 65W

You decide, but don't say you weren't warned when you melt wires or a headlight lens.

I was actually planning on going with the Stage I which is close to the same wattage as the silverstars. I'm more concerned with the question of how do they actually look?

I need to find someone that has the NOKYA Arctic White 7000K Stage I. I guess I wouldn't mind getting someone's opinion on the 8500K purple Stage I's as well if anyone has seen them.

Thanks for the heads up on melting the wiring harness. I didn't think about a wattage difference in the bulbs.

Thanks for the heads up on melting the wiring harness. I didn't think about a wattage difference in the bulbs.

Here's one solution that seems to work pretty well for all the peeps I talked to:

http://store.racinglab.com/kyoplheduwih2.html

FYI, I've been told that the Stage I Nokya Arctic White's are no longer produced because too many people were complaining about how dim they were.

Back