• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Junkyard Run

Take some sunscreen with you this time! It's going to be a hot one on Wed.

I want to get up there sometime in July. I'll let you know when we are planning on going. If you want to come hang out with us, that would be great.

Have fun!

Couple small things I could really use! 1. An axle bolt cover: metal, stamped with ford. 2. The little ribbed rubber thing that covers the hex bolt on the caliper. 3. Just one nozzle for the windshield cleaning fluid sprayer (the black part that sits on top of the hood). Thanks!

I could use the metal clip from a front caliper off of an E1.
Not sure if the E1 has front calipers on it. Not 100% sure what you are talking about, is it the metal thingy on the top of the caliper? Would it be on any other Contique front caliper? If a picture is available that would be helpful too.

I think the only one that'll fit is the SVT. It's the metal bar that goes across the front.

metalclip.jpg

Last edited:
I think I know what you mean... Round, on the back, visible through the center of the rim (when center cap is off). Any certain way to remove this?

Yep. I'm not sure, but I think it just pops off. My car went into a garage to have a brake line replaced and this went missing, so it can't be hard to get off.

Matt R: Garages always lose things like that...I'm sure I'll find one for you.

Pen Two: I will keep an eye out, but I'm pretty sure both SVTs do not have front calipers.

Any one else? I should be checking up on this thread from now through early morning so get your requests in.

getimage.php

Does this look like what you are looking for? I'm not sure if this is the SVT or not, even though I looked under 2000>>Contour SVT>>brakes/wheel/hub>>disc brake hardware kit on rockauto.com

Other wise I'll keep my eye out.

I just figure you popping it in your pocket and just mailing it to me would be cheaper than the ~$10. :laugh:

I remember someone else had the same problem as me and when they went to the dealer, they found out they were different.

I was just checking on the shape once off of the car. Should I find one it should only take a $.37 stamp (how ever much they are).

If you can fit a tail light into your pants I'm sure that the clip should fit. :laugh:

Back