• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Looking for a job!

*update*

*update*

I'm going in this Friday to take a test for Consumers Energy. Its the first step into getting in there, wish me luck!:cool:

Good luck old man :)

I'll need it because the test is one of those tests that aren't really job related:crazy: It says in the job description that the person should be able to walk 15 miles a day. Now I know they don't walk that many miles, but my wife walks 6 miles everyday with 40-60 lbs of mail on her shoulder. Good thing I don't drink or smoke and consider myself to be in pretty good shape:shrug:

LOL hopefully he's not asking you fuel systems questions when you're there for a avionics job.

Good Luck

I'll need it because the test is one of those tests that aren't really job related:crazy: It says in the job description that the person should be able to walk 15 miles a day. Now I know they don't walk that many miles, but my wife walks 6 miles everyday with 40-60 lbs of mail on her shoulder. Good thing I don't drink or smoke and consider myself to be in pretty good shape:shrug:

You dont drink or smoke tobacco? lame. :laugh:

If you're reading meters I'm guessing you'll need to walk quite a bit.

Absolutely, but I think the 15 miles is on the rare side, but whatever it takes. BTW I dropped off my resume at Discount Tire today as well. I need to take advantage of my "gift of gab" and my "gift of memory" with tires/sizes/ratings/etc. I actually did a "mini"-interview with one of the big bosses today when I dropped it off and he said he'll call me in a couple days. The job of sales at Discount Tire is a natrual for me and gives me the chance to deal with customers and cars, a win, win:cool:

Location, location, location:laugh:

Thanks for the tip Ryan, where you been:shrug:

I went to Sherman and Associates today and dropped off my resume and filled out an application, gotta keep going no matter what! Keep your ears open for jobs in the $12.00-$16.00 an hour range. I don't mind working overtime or driving a bit to get there and remember, I like driving and know the area well AND have a Garmin:laugh:

Took the test today for Consumers Energy and will find out the results next week. It was pretty easy, but you've got very limited time to answer as many questions as possible:crazy: There's limited spots open around the area, including Livonia even, I could end up there, imagine that! Your paid .515 cents a mile, so going that far away from my house I'd be getting paid twice a week basically, but I may need to buy my old car back though:crazy: The starting pay is $16.20, so I'm pretty happy with that, but I'm sure they've gotta fill the positions accordingly, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

This Monday I'm heading up to Schwann's in Marysville and see what they've got going on and hopefully the heat treating shop will let me know when their employee is quitting so I can go in and interview for that job:crazy: It would be kinda funny if everything came together at once and I had to make a decision, good problem to have...I guess:shrug:

I didn't answer enough questions in the 6/5 minute alotted time for each test, so Consumers Energy is a no-go, I guess I should've just filled in anything and took my chances. I guess that job just wasn't mean't to be, so my search continues. I got an email from a CEG-er whom I've never met nor know his screen name and to him I'd like to say thanks:cool:

Good news!

Good news!

I've got an interview this Monday with Ionbond, a competitor of my former employer and they are looking to hire. I'm going into this with a VERY positive outlook, but wish me luck anyways:cool:

Back