• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Take a look at this.....

Sorry didn't realize you had to be a member to view tread but here are some photos.

Superlite Coupe
rcr_coupe_1_fs.jpg

rcr_coupe_5_fs.jpg

rcr_coupe_16_fs.jpg

rcr_coupe_12_fs.jpg

Superlite Roadster
rcr_roadster_1_fs.jpg

rcr_roadster_7_fs.jpg

RCR's Superlite web site: http://www.superlitecars.com/index.html

They are nice cars and seem to be well built, but maybe I am missing something, because the website doesn't give a very good description of anything. Its nothing like the Factory5 website.

What is the donor car?

Did they copy the Ultima and Atom on purpose?!

Yes, except price. The Roadster will use any FWD drive engine/trans package and only $16,000 for the roller as opposed to $50-70,000 for the completed Atom. The coupe will accept any engine combo. Made near you in Fraser, Michigan.

moline.jpg

I'm not a big fan of the Ultima "look", incredible performance thou.

I'm not a big fan of the Ultima "look", incredible performance thou.

Heh, much less when you play with it. I'd be thinking more along the lines with what Nelson Racing did to their Ultima. Stuff a TT 427 SBC into it...1110 whp on pump gas, 1650 whp on race gas. Car still had a weight of only 2200 lbs.

crap, I have a 401 nailhead I could throw into that. Not the greatest engine ever made (heads don't flow the greatest) but at 325 hp and 425 ft/lbs torque it could be an interesting combination. Who wants to start a fund and get it ready for next spring zing? :)

Yawn with the Duratec suggestion!

I say Northstar or 4.6L 4V from the Lincoln Continental sedan!

Some people have a real passion for this motor. Its a special motor, lots of neat little features. You cant beat the sound of a turbo duratec.

Back