• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Thought I share my new Product soon

Any updates on this m90 kit?

IF you look in the dyno section on here. You will see he is working on a couple of setups to see what produces more power. He also blew his motor up. So that tells me he put this on hold until he gets a new motor in the car and finishes up his dyno project.

well i was under the assumtion that he is going to put a 3L in to do the test, and to finish the supercharger, but this spring he is going to put his good motor in for the big whp setup?

well i was under the assumtion that he is going to put a 3L in to do the test, and to finish the supercharger, but this spring he is going to put his good motor in for the big whp setup?

The car that is still on my car trailer in my driveway is the one getting the VVT engine to go NA first then it will have the SC added to the setup. I had some setbacks with the engine to test the manifolds so once it is finished or fixed then I will start on the VVT engine. Once the VVT is done I will build my 3 liter for turbo back up for sz2008 to hopefully breaks some dynos.......lol then I will finish up the SC last for the SZ2008 but we need to get it up there when we do too. Joey

Just FYI, GT500 guys are using subframe spacers to use a 3.4 Whipple and keep the stock hood and Ford themselves did it on engineering prototypes, so that is a viable option.
Is it the best one, :shrug:

The big difference between this project and the Mustangs is FWD.

IIRC Ford played with the engine height on the 'tour to minimize torque steer on acceleration, so fractional height adjustments might actually be a good thing, but 2" drop? I wouldn't want to be anywhere near that car when you first drop the throttle!

if you really want to fit the supercharger it would be far easier to get a hood made or make your own then to drop then engine imo. but what the hell do i know

I wish you guys(Tom and Joey) would design a bullet proof jackshaft and mount the Eaton where they used to mount the old Vortech. That's what I would do if I had talent and a garage.:shrug:

I wish you guys(Tom and Joey) would design a bullet proof jackshaft and mount the Eaton where they used to mount the old Vortech. That's what I would do if I had talent and a garage.:shrug:

If you're going to use a jackshaft why would you bother with an eaton. Rotorex, vortech head unit, anything but a heaton would probably be easier.

If you're going to use a jackshaft why would you bother with an eaton. Rotorex, vortech head unit, anything but a heaton would probably be easier.

Used Eaton M90s are an order of magnitude cheaper than any of the other superchargers one might consider. Besides, the roots style blower really doesn't become terribly inefficient until the boost pressure climbs pretty high. We certainly aren't in the same boat as say a Terminator owner here . . .

I would consider the Eaton because of the two-piece front snout that is available. It seems like it wouldn't take too much engineering to make the appropriate jackshaft to use the two-piece front.

What are you going to do with all that so called "TORQUE" in a traction limited FWD car. A stock SVT will beat you while you sit at the line and spin. This isn't a mustang.

What are you going to do with all that so called "TORQUE" in a traction limited FWD car. A stock SVT will beat you while you sit at the line and spin. This isn't a mustang.
I agree it isn't a Mustang and FWD is the limiting factor. But having had an Eaton blown vehicle on a torque challenged motor (I had both '01 and '04 Cobras to compare on a 4V 4.6 and the 4V 2.5 is soft on torque) the Eaton makes street fun power.
The torque will not help from a dig, but if you're smart with the throttle in 1-2, I still see an Eaton-blown SVT being a good thing.
Not trying to argue as I like the centri blowers paired with this motor, but I like this idea too and it will be better in the lower rpm daily grind.
Torque is the advantage of this application and that was my only point.
-J

One word....TORQUE.
I like the centri blowers too, but for a street car the Eaton is king for usable tq.
-J

See Blackcoogs post.

I agree it isn't a Mustang and FWD is the limiting factor. But having had an Eaton blown vehicle on a torque challenged motor (I had both '01 and '04 Cobras to compare on a 4V 4.6 and the 4V 2.5 is soft on torque) the Eaton makes street fun power.
The torque will not help from a dig, but if you're smart with the throttle in 1-2, I still see an Eaton-blown SVT being a good thing.
Not trying to argue as I like the centri blowers paired with this motor, but I like this idea too and it will be better in the lower rpm daily grind.
Torque is the advantage of this application and that was my only point.
-J

riiiight. Try driving even a 3 liter equipped SVT and tell me you want more tq down low. You need to stop assuming all these mustang things you know transfer over to the contour!

riiiight. Try driving even a 3 liter equipped SVT and tell me you want more tq down low. You need to stop assuming all these mustang things you know transfer over to the contour!
Ok Alex, you're right. You're an SVTC bad@ss and nothing I say has any relevence :rolleyes: . Trying debating something w/o being hostile punk.
I drove a 3L MTX FWD long enough ('89 and '94 SHOs) to know its limitations.
Have you driven an Eaton-blown vehicle?
If you had you'd know its great for street power and wouldn't be much different on the chassis than the torque from a turbo.
My original statement was just that the M90 will have one main advantage---torque. That is the advantage and I do feel you could still use it in the Contour platform. These aren't drag cars and I never pretend they are capable from a dig like Mustang, but the low to mid-range torque would be very nice from a roll. Think 40-60 or 60-80 passing power.
-J

Ok Alex, you're right. You're an SVTC bad@ss and nothing I say has any relevence :rolleyes: . Trying debating something w/o being hostile punk.
I drove a 3L MTX FWD long enough ('89 and '94 SHOs) to know its limitations.
Have you driven an Eaton-blown vehicle?
If you had you'd know its great for street power and wouldn't be much different on the chassis than the torque from a turbo.
My original statement was just that the M90 will have one main advantage---torque. That is the advantage and I do feel you could still use it in the Contour platform. These aren't drag cars and I never pretend they are capable from a dig like Mustang, but the low to mid-range torque would be very nice from a roll. Think 40-60 or 60-80 passing power.
-J

Hostile? Not even close. I just don't care about barney'ing my tone so I dont offend vagtastic vahgines. Get to know me and you'll realize its nothing hostile. :shrug:

You should know by now that not all vehicles behave the same. Those sho's can put down power quite a bit easier from what I've read. Same way SRT-4's can put down power we can't!

While I have never driven an eaton car, I have ridden in quite a few. The difference in those cars is that they can deal with the power! all that instant torque has a place to go. (though I will say the difference between building instant boost on an eaton and spooling a turbo is much different then you make it out to be) Instant tq in the contour is pointless, which is why I said a centri charger would be much better suited. If you were arguing the eaton for a different reason (like others have said... the two pc. snout) then we wouldn't be having this conversation :shrug:

I don't know everything, but neither do you. Im just arguing my point.

Back