• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Thought I share my new Product soon

I will machine two different lower cases for the two different heads. I don't expect 4-5 psi to be the end result I just don't want to jump far ahead with the highest boost levels. I want to do some testing on Air temps and the how the engine will like lowend boost because as you know the boost is instant unlike most boosted application we see. I expect this to open up the market for all car MT or AT. I expect that 4-5 psi to be more like 240whp because of the paralistic loss. I expect this project to be fun and I hope it does not out sell my turbo kit........lol I will post pics like I did last time of the results.

If you guys recall it had a Paxton. The Kenny Brown kit is the only one that has been released for the Escape.

Cougar_engine_small.JPG

The eliminator has a M62 remote mounted on a 3L.

Is this going to fix some of the problems that have risen with the Mazda 6 application? Is the 6 turbo still in the works? My partner at work is impatiently awaiting the arrival of the 6 kit. It sounds like this will make same/better power for less money! Less fab work, I'm guessing. Sounds good, either way my car is going to be faster soon.

Rod

Is that the gray Cougar S?

The paxton Cougar in your picture came out before the Eliminator Cougar was out. The Eliminator used a roots blower with a jackshaft similar to the vortech kits that ran across the front of the engine. The Eliminator was a metallic green color.

This one?
The engine draws air through a K&N air filter to a Vortech supercharger that boosts performance significantly, allowing the Cougar to run with the world's fastest sports cars.

cougar-e-04.jpg

cougar-e-07.jpg

Last edited:
The picture above is the eliminator but obviously it has a vortech on it. It may have been the same car that went through a few revisions. Ford and roush made a Eliminator Cougar with an Eaton. It was in an issue of SCC and they had a very good article on it putting out some of the best times ever recorded. It was yellow and had the same rims as the eliminator above (chromed instead though) I have that SCC issue at home. The yellow paxton Cougar was also featured in an earlier issue of SCC and didn't put out much for performance.

Eliminator Cougar: http://www.21stcentury.co.uk/cars/ford_cougar_eliminator.asp

2nd Version with Eaton: http://www.geocities.com/socal_neco/7-22-00.htm

Last edited:
Is this going to fix some of the problems that have risen with the Mazda 6 application? Is the 6 turbo still in the works? My partner at work is impatiently awaiting the arrival of the 6 kit. It sounds like this will make same/better power for less money! Less fab work, I'm guessing. Sounds good, either way my car is going to be faster soon.

Rod

Yes this is going be the solution to the Mazda 6 and the Cougar's AT for developing a boost Application. The price of the kit will be inexpensive and the installation will be easy to do. The boost level will be low enough to run on stock tune for now.

Glad to see you are doing a SC as well... Can't wait to see the numbers it puts down and the price. This paired with my VCN2000 should be nice :D.

Aaron

I changed my setup to the m62 due to clearance but the peice will support the 3.0 liter and be very efficent for the 2.5 liter motors. I can't wait to send ya'll some pics. Joey

ive been looking at the space where my A/C used to be..... have you ever thought about putting a cintrifucal supercharger where the compressor used tobe? they are comparable in size, and you could make a bracket to bolt up where the A/C pump was on the block. you could also get the oil lines routed without many fittings, and use any clockwise rotating blower, leaving the possibilities endless and cheap.

This kit will work for all duratec 3.0 so the lower intake will be normalized and the brackets will vary on the front mount only. I will open up the market for all the cars with clearance issues. Joey

This kit will work for all duratec 3.0 so the lower intake will be normalized and the brackets will vary on the front mount only. I will open up the market for all the cars with clearance issues. Joey

Wow i can't wait to see pics!!! Whats your target HP? Also injectors change? fuel pump? Tune?

I am in between in selling my car and picking up a mazda6so either car i decided to own in the future, i will be looking at buying this kit.

Back