• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th

It's getting closer people. The redline is going in to the shop in the morning for a mystery noise. I think it's the throwout bearing. also feels like a motor or trans mount might be broke. I just hope all of whatever is covered under warranty!!! I just hope it's back in time for the run!!!! I told the wife not to let them give her any crap i told her to try and get an aura for a loaner!!!

Two Weeks From Tomorrow!

Two Weeks From Tomorrow!

Its finally within sight! This time in two weeks I'll be trying to get a good nights sleep so we can rise and shine at 4:00 a.m., hit the shower and be on the road NO later than 5:00 a.m. Its coming down to crunch time and I've gotta find someone to ride shotgun with me down there. Unfortunatly things didn't work out in my favor this time but I'm working on plan C and D right now. Worst case scenario is I try and get some from the SEMI to ride down there with me and who knows, maybe get my "driving rep" removed....(probably not but who cares!)

Who would you guys like to see make it down there with me, any suggestions?

BTW Icy, make sure its an Aura XR and remember, if things don't work out with the ION Redline, the Crossfire and free 93' Regal are waiting for you guys!

We're not all that close, so that's not going to happen. Todd has been on the Dragon already with is buddy w/ the 350Z so he knows what its all about. Either he wasn't all the impressed with it or he didn't feel it was worth the 11+hr drive which is his opinion, so again, probably not the best choice for me. I'll keep working on it. Two weeks from right now we'll be on the Skyway driving back to Telllico Plains looking to get something to eat and then hangin' out at the cabins...I CAN'T WAIT!

Anybody going from georgia/florida wanna meet up on the ride up there? Ima leave probably early friday morning. Might stop in atlanta for an early lunch.

im possibly stayin with Ryan for fridaynight. notunless i can find my way to N,GA after 6. Not very good with directions, hehe.

O yea....um....i got something in the mail.........

NopiNats06438.jpg

might be on, might not be on...........that is all

Ross, I'm planning to be going through Atlanta around noon, but I want to be through & gone before we can get stuck in the Friday afternoon head-for-the-hills rush hour we were in last year!

I think cops_got_my_SVT is driving up with me, haven't talked about it recently.

Well I'm planning on being in atlanta a bit before noon and eating w/ a buddy up there. So maybe we can plan it so about the time I get done in atlanta I can meet with ya'll.

Ya'll are going up GA 5 to TN 68, right?

rambling- start

i may have it on

i may not have it on....

decideing on what i should do with so little money. hehe.

i dont have all the correct tools or Xcal 2 PRP....so no big tuning will be going on. i guess i'll wait untill i get a 3L build the 3L around the s/c and tranny and install all at once at a shop...

or might just go ahead and put it on this week...

rambling-over

Did you get the whole kit? Shouldn't need tuning to just have it on there to add some power. If you need some help, I'm free sunday.

36lb injectors......svt injectors fine to run? i can always add the 36'ers in later down the road with a 3L. but will the 19'ers hold up?

I think the original kit was just a FMU and inline pump for 98's. For later models, it was injectors and chip IIRC. If you're going with injectors, well yeah you'll have to be tuned. And injectors is the way to go, but if you have the fmu and fuel pump, that'll get you going without tuning.

Buddy of mine has a dyno in dawson if you need to get on a dyno. If there is one in macon, well that'd be closer for you, but just letting you know.

its got everything and the 2.5L vortech chip for 19lb injectors. might just tackle it this wkend. need piping to fit the svt UIM since i was goin to use the 3L tumble port but since its not here yet i might just wait.

The SVT was dropped off at the dealership this afternoon. After several shops and dead leads I still have no brake fluid to the piston. The car brakes fine, just pulls slightly to the right when they are applied hard. Arrrggg how frustrating !!!!!!!

Good thing is my wife is beign very cooperative & understanding regarding the high work bill Ford will have for me.

Cheers,
Surelr

Back