• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anyone Local w/18's interested in swapping? details inside

Suba Blu

Hard-core CEG'er
Hello All,

Wondering if anyone was interested in swapping rims/tires with me.. The person should be local or willing to travel to my location for the swap.

* Rims must be 18 inches (or larger I assume)
* Rims must be major defect free (no cracks/not bent/no major curb rash)
* Rims must be 4x108 (duh!)
* Rubber must have alot of tread left for an even swap (If not then you must pay the cost to have me mount new rubber on your rims - 130.00 via Discount Tire in Madison)

The rubber on the ADR's was replaced last weekend (hense the 130.00 quote) - Fierce supplied the rubber via sponsorship but in a 35 series profile.

Due to the amount of drop this car already had I'd like to have a 40 series instead. The rubber seems to be pretty decent with ride/noise level and handling compared to other brands I have owned in the past.

The rims are in decent condition but do have quite a few chips in the finish, when they were off the other weekend I did NOT notice any major defects (cracks/bends) which would affect how these will perform. All tires/rims hold air - there are no bead issues. These rims would look fantastic if they were to be refinished/powdercoated/painted later.

Pictures...

PICT0497.JPG

PICT0498.JPG

PICT0499.JPG

PICT0500.JPG

This car is currently my work transportation vehicle only so there is about 90 miles on the rubber as of tonight.

Again, I must swap with someone who has a 18 inch rim or larger as the combo must slip over the Baer Brake kit that is already installed on the car.

Be prepared to supply pictures/brands/sizing if interested in swapping.

Last edited:
some 17's will work.... but I believe that all 18's will work... I'd rather just have 18's ok? plus I'm a size girl LOL

18's for 18's = fair trade

what about chrome...? actually would consider a trade..... I also have newish tires 5,000 worth of wear with an allignment within ford specs.

oh gosh... I'm not sure that I could rock those. LOL

I know Pole wants your rims... maybe all 3 of us could work something out where in the end I have a decent chunk to throw at a new set of 18's?

I already have another set of rubber here at home thanks to Fierce. LOL

Not all 18's are equal :)

One of my OZ's cost as much as all 4 of those ADR's :)

How about 2 OZ 18" superleggeras for yours? BTW they don't have tires on the either :)

I agree that all rims are not created equal.

I'd rather not drop alot more into that car... I've already put over 1K into the car via repairs since I bought it from Mikey in March. It still needs a new tensioner belt assembly as well.

Damn must be heart breaking especially for the price you got it for :)

I honestly like those 6 spokes i think they are smokin on silver

I was the first to wear mikey's rims..... see

X.jpg

we should work something out.....
pole, what do you have to give crispy if I give you my wheels?

those look like they were brand new at that time...

The wheels do look great on the Contour but I dont want to pay more to have new tires in 40 series put on...

I definately want to keep with 18's with the amount of drop the car has...

unless..... Joe just wants to buy the entire car as is? ;)

actually I do just want to buy it.... did you put the fuel pump in it? I can and should, but I am looking for a year round car and I am afraid I will want to mod the hell out of the SVT. I need a full size 4 door auto vehicle under $5,000 that I can drive everywhere. AND I have yet to sell the Impala...... this blows

car still needs the fuel pump swapped but I already bought it (entire new Motorcraft full assembly)and the car is the specific one that is in the write up here on CEG so I assume it will be pretty damn easy as its been done before. You'd assume Trapps did anything to have it a drop in again later.

Tensioner belt Assembly should be replaced - I can pick up that and a new belt thru work for probably 50 shipped.

All fluids were changed in March by the Speed Shop

Brand New Rear SVT bumper was installed and freshly painted (matches perfectly too)

All minor and major door dings/dents were pulled out professionally - the car has zero door dings/dents.

Brand New Rubber

New Shift knob (Mikeys was ripped)

Replaced the HU as the old one had a CD stuck in it

Replaced LH inner window trim piece as it was broken

Replaced all lugnuts w/Gorilla Locking Lugs - key shall be provided

Purchased additional Supertrapps diffusers for the tunable mufflers (pk of 12)

Repaired RH Rear Window Motor (would not go down at all)

BEAR Brake kit is still installed at this time - If I cant get a decent price on the car the brake kit will go on my SVT and I will sell the car for what I deem fair market price in accordance to what I paid.

Everyone knows that I paid Mikey 3K for the car and hopefully from what you see above you will see that I threw money in it as well.. So either I want all my money back in full as the car FINALLY got titled this month - or I strip a few parts and sell/trade the thing

I'm not interested in making a profit on the car and its been in my garage since the day i drove it back from Rockford.. I drove it a few times using Mikeys plates until they expired but the car has probably 200 or less miles on it since Mikey handed the keys over.

Hetfield & Joe have previously shown interest previously around SZ time thats all I know so far..

Last edited:
hey i get first dibs!

if you ever want to buy it back you know exactly how to get ahold of me... ;)

Its currently in very good hands at the moment but I still really want a WRX and selling/trading your car will help add to my fundage I have saved. (car payments are the devil!)

Back