• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Brooke's Turbo 3L....

congrats mang! so, when you said "soon" you really meant it. haha

When I got the ring for Alena, I told her instead of a ring wouldn't she like a large(er) screen tv or a newer car? She said yeah, but only if she could get another puppy. LOL.

Thanks everyone for the congratulations.

Jim, it comes in at 1.10 and I honestly forget some of the rest of the "grades" the stone has. I do know the clarity is VS2, I want to say color is G or H. Tiffany's is definatly nice but you WILL pay a MAJOR premium just for the blue box and the name. If you want to maximize size and quality unfortunatly you have to avoid "Branded" stones. Tiffany's stones are graded on the same scale as everyone else. This rock bought and set at Tiffany's would have been greater than $10,000.xx!!!!

"A Tiffany one-carat diamond engagement ring will be priced FROM approx. $9,650-$38,000" - www.tiffany.com

My advice having just done this is to find a jeweler that will teach you about all the different things that go into a stones value. For example, take a standard 1ct stone and what does a movement in x category do to the value/cost. Some jumps in quality equal MAJOR movements in price. And view stones side by side, on a White background for color. At the end of the day I simply picked the stone from 3 finalist that just looked the best to me. Afterall, you won't (at least i hope) be carrying around some diamond cert everywhere you go. It just needs to be pleasing to the eye. I know I looked at stones with the same "grades" and some were visibly nicer than others.

I considered six prong, but initially Brooke wanted a princess cut (square for those that havnt had the pleasure of diamond hunting), but those do not shine nearly as much as a round does. So, I went with 4 prong to give it a little bit of a square shape overall.

I agree, I want an engagement intercooler!!!! I will let you know how that plays out.

Sometimes i'm glad I'm single, sometimes I'm not... this reminds of one of the reasons I'm glad I am. :)

Another one bites the dust...

Sometimes i'm glad I'm single, sometimes I'm not... this reminds of one of the reasons I'm glad I am. :)

Another one bites the dust...

Yeah I need to convince a girl that diamonds are evil and many Africans die each year because of the trade.

In fact I will propose with a simple gold band after watching the movie blood diamond with my future mrs. :laugh:

BTW Adam I had no idea you had such pretty hands!

ring.jpg

That is the ring that I got alena. I lucked out that she doesn't like big rocks. She wanted a different design to the band, so this is what she got.

Oh, theres no way I would buy an engagement ring from Tiffanys. Everything from there is overpriced. I mean, I bought my gf an open heart silver ring Saturday and it was $195. Theres probably only about 50 cents worth of silver on it. An ounce of silver is like what? $7? We just went in there to see what she liked.

Oh, theres no way I would buy an engagement ring from Tiffanys. Everything from there is overpriced. I mean, I bought my gf an open heart silver ring Saturday and it was $195. Theres probably only about 50 cents worth of silver on it. An ounce of silver is like what? $7? We just went in there to see what she liked.

A LOT of the price of jewlery is mark up. Like 70-80% of it is mark up. I don't go to big department jewlery stores (zales, kay etc)...it is nothing but mark up. I found a guy were I live that does all his own work, buys direct from diamond brokers etc and it makes a HUGE difference in price. I got alena a necklace for her bday, when looking threw a book should have cost around $800 or so. He was able to make it for $150....custom crafted.

congrats!

My man and I have been engaged since 2000 and a few months ago we upgraded my 1 carat ring to more "big blingin action". I've wanted a WRX for the longest time, it now resides on my finger. LOL I thought I was the only one that referred to it like that on a daily basis.

someday, I will have both.

Congrats Adam! Engagment is a lot of fun until you have to plan (and pay) for the wedding. :laugh: We wish you the best!

Kim and I are getting married Oct. 20th!:help: :cool:

Congrats Adam, have you guys picked a date yet?

I lucked out and didn't have to buy a ring since my fiance had a great grandma's that she wanted to use. She did get me an engagement supercharger kit for my cavalier.

Last edited:
We have not yet picked a date but the guest list is already above 300 so I dont know what we are going to do!!!! Get a lot of gifts?!?! Most likely it will be next summer some time as Brooke is an elementary teacher, but I hope for next fall, ie Late Aug, Sept.

Brooke is ultra organized so I am very confident that this thing will be sealed up in no time. Thanks again for all the congrats.

The jewler I worked with was one of my clients from the bank I worked at so I got a very nice deal. He was very frank with me about what his costs were and exactly what he would be earning on my transaction. I wanted him to get something out of it so I didn't haggle at all. I am very very please and anyone in Chicagoland that wants an intro to him I will gladly provide.

what's with engagement rings? What happened to equality of the sexes?

I want an engagement TV. Plasma would be nice.

Don't give up the fight. I got engaged last December, and spent enough money for a turbo 3L ( I like the ring better). I asked for an engagement watch. I want my Tag! I didn't fight hard enough, so it got pushed back to next christmas :( I'll eventually get a watch.

For those of you that are recently engaged, here is some advice. That ring is your dealmaker. When I want something and she says no I hold the diamond in such a way that it twinkles just right....she usually changes her mind. If it weren't for the ring, the misses would defenitely veto my home theater system (another setup that could mean a 3L turbo).

It looks like its a SI quality with 1.-1.10 carrot. D or E color.

Nice ring. Congrates on the good news. Best of luck to both of you!!

Back