• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pollen!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goonz SVT

Hard-core CEG'er
Please make this pollen stop!!!! I figured after those rain storms, it would settle it out, it only made it worse! :cry:

I haven't driven the Miata in two weeks. I openned the garage for the first time to wax the company car and the Miata got covered in pollen in the garage!!!

hehe, sounds like fun. Good thing Im here in florida where there is no pollen and my car is in the dealers garage b/c it can't move. yes, I win. hahahaha!!!:crazy: :laugh:

Most areas are saying this years pollen count is the highest EVER recorded! People that were never affected by pollen are suddenly having allergy problems, including myself.

It's been non-stop running nose and crazy uncontrollable coughing.
runaway.gif

you know, so far this year i've been good...but today, probably the coldest day in about a month, was murder. my eyes are still burning.

My springtime allergies usually consist of two days of no breathing torture and that is it. I haven't gotten anything yet, knock on wood, probably due to my first spring living in an overwhelmingly plant-free area.

Agreed though, my car is parked next to vines and is yellow.

Tell me about it... I went to bed one night and the next morning i went out and my car was completely covered. I was MAD!!!!

yea man! I washed my car not too long ago, this morning there was a blanket of yellow pollen all over my car!! :blackeye:

Yeah, I don't mind sneezing for a couple of days......but my car is supposed to be green, and Jason's is supposed to be blue.....neither of them is supposed to be YELLOW every other day. Ugh. ;)

While mowing the lawn last night, there was dust clouds of pollen puffing out from under the mower!! When I was done the top of the mower had so much pollen on it, I thought I ran over a packet of lemonaid mix!!

Yeah this is really bizarre. I thought the pollen was all over and done with, then after that rain, there was more of it than I had seen all year. :blackeye:

And the pollen isn't the worst part. It's the tiny little sap drips that are about the size of a pin head that fall from the oaks and maples. Then when you try to dust the car the pollen sticks to the little dots.

i have been pretty good so far this year allergy-wise, but jess is having a heck of a time and pollen never really bothers her.
i have givin up on washing the daily drivers, now i just rinse them off when i cant see out the windows.
Saturday the hearse was outside teh garage all day due to working on other projects and by the time i put it in that night it was completely yellow!!!

Yep. My blue car spends most of its time a shade of green/yellow. It's like a V8 RWD can of MelloYello. No allergies to speak of, though!

hmm, I wonder how much pollen is showing up on my parents yellow mustang ... that is when its out of the garage ...

Back