• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I got sick of my headliner.

Pen_Two

Is not easliy amused.
So I changed the fabric. What do you think? Mind you, it's still dirty from going through the process of putting it back in.

P5310010.jpg

HA! The only mod that was really left that I wanted to do to my CSVT :( That looks pretty good IMO. A wet cloth would do wonders ;)

you know what, i know exactly what you're talking about now!

at first i thought it was a shiny vinyl, but now that i konw what it is, i like it! :cool:

So I'm still in your good graces since I'm not destroying your ex? :laugh:

It was trial and error, that's why it took as long as it did. The first attempt was just a plain black cloth. The problem there was that it picked up every dimple in the stock foam. So I peeled it off.

After realizing the foam was going to be the problem, I went to a fabric store and they were selling headliner foam. Thankfully they were going out of business, because for 5 yards of foam I only spent $6.xx. :cool:

Then I decided plain black was exactly that, plain. So the current fabric caught my eye. I tried a few different types of glue, the 3M was way too expensive though. Something like $15 a can :blackeye:. So I used some industrial strength stuff from the local body shop. :cool:

It looks terrible in the picture, but I'm sure a lot better in person. Highly admire the work though, as you admit you tried plain black cloth as well.

I'll have better pictures of it from this weekend at Carlisle. The sun was starting to set when I took the picture, and I was in the shade. I'll be sure it's clean and captured with the right settings on my camera though. ;)

looks awesome! nice job :cool:

now all you need to do is dye the oh-**** handles and sunroof button the same color and you'll be set!

looks good I mite have to try doing I 2 small spots were my son left an unopen can of soda in my car during the winter....BOOM.... got it all out but still two small spots that bug me really bad...

on a scale of 1-10 what difficulty level would you say this is to do. Also about how much time did you spend on this all together? Is it a weekend mod?

Back