• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Meet at BasketBall Hall of Fame, dinner at Max's Tavern?

Haha, no. I wish it were that easy. Currently we are very tight. I work at the Customer Service Desk, and we have someone who is on vacation this week, so the ONLY two people who can run the desk and be Front End Supervisor are working, a.k.a. me. I mean, it may be possibly to rig this complicated switch where I work earlier in the day or something, but it is SUCH a PITA because of lunch breaks and whatnot. That place is a mess, haha. It's just difficult because not everyone is available to work at different times. It's rather ridiculous. Don't even get me started LOL.

Arrrrr FINE. I'll see what I can come up with. Even though it is unlikely, haha. But no one really wants to see my car anyways though (I know this isn't really a meeting to show off cars, but it's gonna happen anyways...). Trust me. It sounds like a tank seeing as my flex pipe is getting worse and worse and it just overall looks like crap. I have lots to do to it.

1. Snipey (99% in.. (just the tip))
2. Cobra (Mike)
3. fblue (Kim)
4. Elky
5. Jess
6. Brian
7. YARRR!!!
8. JD2-98s (99% out.. (she has something)
9. ctmystique (Roger and Debbie)

Tomorrow at 5pm... Hopefully it will be nice so we can enjoy dining outside. Does anybody know if there will be any band/music tomorrow?

1. Snipey (99% in.. (just the tip))
2. Cobra (Mike)
3. fblue (Kim)
4. Elky
5. Jess
6. Brian + Jess
7. YARRR!!!

1. Snipey (Tip)
2. Cobra (Mike)
3. fblue (Kim)
4. Elky
5. Jess
6. Brian + Jess
7. YARRR!!!

this is tomorrow eh? well im now fully in. although i may be swapping my rear bumper before the meet if i can figure it out.

let it be a nice day tomorrow, woooo

Don't forget I'll be there of course. I don't know if a band plays on sundays, hopefully. Looking forward to meeting you all there... I'll probably be the first in, not sure tho. Look for a silver svt... booming very loudly, haha.

I'm definitely out. As I was driving home from work (a 7-minute drive) my temp gauge got into the red. I nearly flipped out. I have no coolant. I need to work this shift and many others. I'm so stressed right now about money it's not even funny. Because now I gotta pay for so much $hit. Sorry guys, I could have switched out, but not after seeing that as I went home tonight. I didn't realize I had a coolant leak. I'm so pissed it's not even funny.

I'm definitely out. As I was driving home from work (a 7-minute drive) my temp gauge got into the red. I nearly flipped out. I have no coolant. I need to work this shift and many others. I'm so stressed right now about money it's not even funny. Because now I gotta pay for so much $hit. Sorry guys, I could have switched out, but not after seeing that as I went home tonight. I didn't realize I had a coolant leak. I'm so pissed it's not even funny.

are you sure that the car was overheating? I mean 7 minutes is aweful fast for that to happen. It could be that the temp sender the the gauge went bad. and fyi as I was working on this yesterday it took about 5 minutes for the coolant to go from about 140~180 ish to 212 where the fans kicked on and the thermostat openned while idling in the driveway with fresh coolant in it ...

are you sure that the car was overheating? I mean 7 minutes is aweful fast for that to happen. It could be that the temp sender the the gauge went bad. and fyi as I was working on this yesterday it took about 5 minutes for the coolant to go from about 140~180 ish to 212 where the fans kicked on and the thermostat openned while idling in the driveway with fresh coolant in it ...

Oh yes, that is why I got SO concerned. I had the car running for a couple minutes before I drove away because I was on the phone. Then by the time I got home the needle was just getting to the red. I was like wtf? Popped the hood and took a peak at the coolant, and there was NOTHING in the ENTIRE tank. I nearly crapped my pants! I was looking around my engine from the top (I don't have a lift or jack stands so I can't really look underneath...) and I had my head right where the tranny dipstick is, and I could see a little puddle of coolant. The puddle appeared to be on top of the tranny but I can't be sure, I have a bad angle viewing it. It's behind the engine about halfway down towards where the tranny is...So I'm presuming it's just some lame coolant line that busted somewhere? Whatever, I have a little leftover from when I topped the coolant off sitting in my backseat. I'm going to have my mechanic put it up on the lift and actually find out where it's leaking from, unless of course you guys all want to come over to the Longmeadow Big Y after you finish up at Uno's and take a look at it :crazy: . Haha j/k. But anyways, this really puts me in my place. I need to work this shift tonight. I need the money. I REALLY need my coolant leak and my flex pipe fixed ASAP. And I need to pay for school. So have fun tonight guys :D.

2. Cobra (Mike)
3. fblue (Kim)
4. Elky
5. Jess
6. Brian
7. YARRR!!!
10. dairdevyld

Am I the only one coming from the central Connecticut area? No Tony or Chris?

2. Cobra (Mike)
3. fblue (Kim)
4. Elky
5. Jess
6. Brian
7. YARRR!!!
10. dairdevyld

Am I the only one coming from the central Connecticut area? No Tony or Chris?

what happened to me? :'(

Thanks to all who showed.
Too bad our big fat bums couldn't all fit into that one booth. :(
It was cool meeting you all even if we didn't get to talk very long.
We got home at like 10:30. blech!

yeah it was nice to meet some of the newer additions to the family!

yesterday was a heck of a long day!

Yeah I had fun thanks all for showin'. We gotta plan a good summer meet, I'm thinking CT since it's centrally located we could get people from as far as PA to show up... maybe?

Anyways, I gotta team up with AirCougar and get some work done on my car, I know he's local but he didn't go yesterday.

Back