• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Official Spring Zing 08 Thread

2294 miles or 33 hours straight driving, so I'm gonna be leaving on saturday the 10th and will take probably 2 or 3 hotel stays to get there in time.
Question: what are the clothing requirements for open track, the local track I frequent doesn't require you to wear a helmet as long as your car isn't running 12 sec or under on drag?
question: I will get to the hotel by wednesday morning, if I don't run into anyone where are we gonna meet up at, I'm not from the area and would like to convoy to the track if possible?
I paid for the waterford hills deal, is that still on and if so what's the status of it?

Sorry for all the questions but I have a pretty gruelling schedule for the trip and need to get as much planned out for my leave request so I don't get my leave authorization denied. thanks in advance.

2294 miles or 33 hours straight driving, so I'm gonna be leaving on saturday the 10th and will take probably 2 or 3 hotel stays to get there in time.
Question: what are the clothing requirements for open track, the local track I frequent doesn't require you to wear a helmet as long as your car isn't running 12 sec or under on drag?
question: I will get to the hotel by wednesday morning, if I don't run into anyone where are we gonna meet up at, I'm not from the area and would like to convoy to the track if possible?
I paid for the waterford hills deal, is that still on and if so what's the status of it?

Sorry for all the questions but I have a pretty gruelling schedule for the trip and need to get as much planned out for my leave request so I don't get my leave authorization denied. thanks in advance.

1. I believe both tracks require helmets. I'd wear a helmet regardless, but that's just me. I'm fond of my noggin.

2. A few of us can swap phone numbers before hitting the road to SZ. It's a good idea, since we're all scattered around the first day anyway.

3. Steeda hasn't said that it isn't on, so I'm betting it's on. Can't imagine he'd be collecting deposits if it wasn't a pretty sure thing.

You left a deposit for waterford hills. Still need like 4 more people to sign up to reserve the date. Then after that about a month prior you will need to pay the rest of the money. $125

You left a deposit for waterford hills. Still need like 4 more people to sign up to reserve the date. Then after that about a month prior you will need to pay the rest of the money. $125
Like I said in pm, just can't throw the money now but I got it then. If I can't do it then Ima skip out on SZ, but I'm down for sure just can't get down like that right now.

That's nice to know, so who would you like to pay for you ahead of time and hope you actually show up with the money?

I think you will find yourself watching instead of driving at waterford hills if you can't come up with 125 bucks in 8 months.

600 miles one way for me :blackeye:... that's not much different than Fort Wayne in distance from where I am. Looks like another year w/o SZ.

600 miles one way for me :blackeye:... that's not much different than Fort Wayne in distance from where I am. Looks like another year w/o SZ.

600 miles is nothing....man up and drive out! :cool:

what he said .... SZ has always been in the same general area and I don't think its going to move anytime soon. Anyone remember 03 ...

Back