• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

what size would fit

trhlz1222

Veteran CEG'er
im thinking about dropping a 3.0 in my car with a turbo and all that nice stuff. whats the most whp someone has been able to get out of the 3.0 while still being able to drive it everyday? also i was wondering if the 3.0 is the biggest motor to be able to fit? would a 3.5 fit?

from what i've read, the new ford 3.5 is dimensionally the same size as the 2.5/3.0

as far as swapping one in goes - nobody's done it yet.

im thinking about dropping a 3.0 in my car with a turbo and all that nice stuff. whats the most whp someone has been able to get out of the 3.0 while still being able to drive it everyday? also i was wondering if the 3.0 is the biggest motor to be able to fit? would a 3.5 fit?

400 whp or there abouts. You could go higher, but honeslty, im at about 350 whp right now and I only get traction in 4th and 5th gear with my 17" wheels.

As for the 3.5L, nobody has done it because, the cost of swapping one in would at least be 15K+ I would imagine. Youll need new tranny or at least a custom bellhousing, new axles, all the wiring harnesses and pcm from another car or standalone, custom engine mounts, roll resistors, etc.

400 whp or there abouts. You could go higher, but honeslty, im at about 350 whp right now and I only get traction in 4th and 5th gear with my 17" wheels.

As for the 3.5L, nobody has done it because, the cost of swapping one in would at least be 15K+ I would imagine. Youll need new tranny or at least a custom bellhousing, new axles, all the wiring harnesses and pcm from another car or standalone, custom engine mounts, roll resistors, etc.

Good Lord man, even 3rd is useless to you? Gotta put some 22"'s on there to keep them from spinning so much. LOL

If you're looking to spend that much loot and keep it FWD, put a 4.6L out of a Continental and throw a blower on it.

Good Lord man, even 3rd is useless to you? Gotta put some 22"'s on there to keep them from spinning so much. LOL

Jack it up like those 80s Caprices with 30s :shocked:

Last edited:
ur pushing 350 with turboed 3L? if thats the case i might try a setup like that. if i can get it to push over 300 im happy. is it possible for the 2.5 to push over 300 and still be a good daily runner?

one more question......when the 2.5 is compared to the 3.0 whats the difference in horsepower after its turboed and everything else. if im looking to get 325-350 which would be better to do a 2.5 or 3l and whats a rough estimate on the cost for etheir one? actually it was like 3 questions but

A 3.0L is better in all cases. Youll have to run less boost to acheive you hp goals which means less stress on the engine. Its really kinda hard to give an exact answer since I dont know the engine specs or turbo your planning on going with. I know Tom's motor was making 300 whp with just 5 psi on his 3.0L. Id imagine the same turbo on a 2.5l and the assuming it had the same mods, I would imagine it would be around 250 whp.

If I were you, I would just wait and see the results from Nautilus Performance. Theyll be testing a 3.0L soon, so you can see the results then. ;)

If I were you, I would just wait and see the results from Nautilus Performance. Theyll be testing a 3.0L soon, so you can see the results then. ;)
Word, Burrita's turbo is a damn good deal for a quality setup considering all other options.

never done it. my uncle has worked on engines all his life so he knows about it but im not sure if he would know how to install a turbo. so its iffy. right now im sayin i would pay someone to do it so i know what the most would look like.

never done it. my uncle has worked on engines all his life so he knows about it but im not sure if he would know how to install a turbo. so its iffy. right now im sayin i would pay someone to do it so i know what the most would look like.

well going on CEG rates i've looked at

3L - $500-800
turbo kit - $2500
Trans and parts - $2000-2500
Misc parts - $1000
Labor cost - $2000-4000

Granted these are rough estimates off the top of my head, but i'd say this is about what you're looking to pay.

Back