• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

got my svt certificate

SVTJON87

Hard-core CEG'er
its now $40. and nothing other than a letter came with it. lol i heard more stuff came with. o well. im happy now. just thought i would update the price.

if you dont know(newbs)
the number you call is 1-877-837-2582. and have your vin

i wonder if i can get new door info stickers from them too:rolleyes:. mine are kinda falling apart.

Last edited:
To save yourself $40 in the future, take that baby to Kinko's and make a couple decent color copies, then take the original and file it away somewhere safe. Use the copies to display with the car, etc...

This is one I found on a google image search. I don't have a scan of mine.

certificate.jpg

Of course replace the Cobra with Contour, Deaborn with Kansas City, etc ... ... ...

Last edited:
i should get one but it costs. to bad they dont give them out when the people bought the car origionally

copys made already hehe. my scanner and printer makes good ones. and when i sell the car the copys going with it. unless they want to pay 40 bucks for it lol.

here's mine:
svtbuildnoVIN.jpg

Last edited:
Sell it? You're not allowed to sell it. Buying a CSVT is like getting married. They take your heart, your soul, and your money.

Sell it? You're not allowed to sell it. Buying a CSVT is like getting married. They take your heart, your soul, and your money.

Damn right brent they do and put me in debt as well..Might be selling it altho kyle is threatening me if i do sell/part it out.

Yeah they do :shrug:
I bought mine new in April 98, still within the model year.
The dealership never mentioned anything about a certificate. I learned about that at this site and I am glad I called before they started to charge $40 for it.

I am not sure it's the salesman or the sales manager who 'forgot' to give that to me. The certificate bears no value if not accompanying a car. :shrug:

Just called and found out the Contour I have is number 4763....I asked about the test vehicle tag in the engine compartment and the guy said that Ford did some testing of the car before it was shipped out to the dealer...My brother bought it new and it had 30 miles on it...So that explains the extra miles...

Mine doesn't say where it was delivered, interesting.

Ditto.

10mother****ingchars.

They just started adding that not too long ago.

Those arsehats just want $40 outta people (like me) who already have their cert. but may be interested in having one that has one more tidbit of info on it . I bought mine new , so I know where it came from , but it'd be interesting to have the "new" cert. - not sure it's worth $40 though . Argh - my window sticker has it on there , so f-'em !

Those arsehats just want $40 outta people (like me) who already have their cert. but may be interested in having one that has one more tidbit of info on it . I bought mine new , so I know where it came from , but it'd be interesting to have the "new" cert. - not sure it's worth $40 though . Argh - my window sticker has it on there , so f-'em !

my window sticker is turning brown. and i want a new one. grr

I think I'll have mine copied (professionally , along w/the SVT cert.) to display with the car @ shows , etc. to save it from the weather , as someone suggested .

mines on the inside rear window. the oval one that says "quality crafted together" "Kansas Assembly plant" thats the one i meant.
i don't have the dealer window sticker.:( also you know those 2 info stickers inside the drivers door? do you think i could get new ones? and a new dealer window sticker?

Last edited:
Back