• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Out with the rock-pitted hood on Son's car

gotapex

CEG'er
This weekend I got rid of the old, rock pitted hood on my son's car. I think the last owner must have driven through a pebble storm or something.

New hood is 16 lbs vs 36 lbs for the stocker. Might still paint it though, haven't decided for sure.

hood.jpg

hood2.jpg

Ditched the 50 lb battery for a 14 lb drycell one too. Surprisingly good MAh for a battery of this size.

battery.jpg

Went with a new, bigger set of bar & plate intercoolers too, since the stock ones are horrible. Nice improvement, lot less heat soak.

Also, got rid of the 2.5" exhaust and went to straight through 3" ones. Got rid of that, and went to a 3" one with a balancing chamber for less drone.

Vehicle has hybrid K16/24 turbos, EVOMS K24 tubular headers, Upsolute programming, Forge DV valves, Sach's clutch and lightweight flywheel, super extra ugly wheels, etc. It dyno'd ~600hp to the crank before the intercooler, headers, and exhaust upgrades.

Hmmm... what next? :confused:

dude...what EXACTLY do you do for a living, and how do i get into it??:blackeye:

you've got more money in cars than i've probably earned since i've been working...

How old is your son?! :eek:

If he is in his teens, unless he has been through a few sessions at Skip Barber he DOES not have the skills or maturity to handle a car like that!

Actually, he's 3.

If you look at the first picture, you can see we have the carbon fiber GT3 seat only in the driver's side. I had to get rid of the passenger side one because it's too hard to get him into the carseat in the back with that 1-piece racing shell in. :(

I picked up this Porker for him because he loves "Sally" from the movie "Cars". My wife usually does the driving in this car, though I drive it sometimes too.

Actually, he's 3.

If you look at the first picture, you can see we have the carbon fiber GT3 seat only in the driver's side. I had to get rid of the passenger side one because it's too hard to get him into the carseat in the back with that 1-piece racing shell in. :(

I picked up this Porker for him because he loves "Sally" from the movie "Cars". My wife usually does the driving in this car, though I drive it sometimes too.

I think it is so incredibly funny that you bought a nice car like that because your three year old liked it in cars, and you wife drives it! This guy has my sense of humor. If I won the lottery I would be the guy at McDonalds working the cash register while wearing a watch worth more than the entire restaurant. I find this kind of stuff really funny.

i've come to the conclusion that gotapex is really chad in disguise! :laugh:

good looking porsche. i'm sure trapps will be in here shortly drooling!

Actually, he's 3.

so spill the beans, share the wealth and tell us the secret!

Back