• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Enclosures question

Sorry everyone...

I've been a little busy lately and haven't had time to prepare my response. And, after taking a few days away, I kinda lost interest in it. I'm with Steeda on this one I guess. (did I really just type that? :help: ) It is a lost cause at this point to show fordsvt98 the light.

But, if everyone is really wanting a primer on the effects enclosure design has on subwoofer performance I can probably throw something together and post it in its own thread. It will take me a little bit to get things together and I don't have much time this week or weekend. I've got golf league Tuesday evening and my wife and I are going to go look at houses Wednesday, then Friday/Saturday/Sunday we'll be up in Chicagoland at a friend's wedding and related activities (I'm in in the wedding party).

Actually, that looks like a good site. I just took a quick glance at it and the information looks good and fairly complete.

I probably would not come close to that level of presentation on anything I'd prepare for here either.

Also, note that it suggests the higher Qtc would be louder (but sound worse), which is easier to do in a smaller box.... ;) :)

Ya looked like it had some decent info....Id like to say that im full aware of all kindsa of diferent boxes, in the end, its about what the guy who owns the vehicle wants it to sound like. And theres alot of misinformed buyers out there (I guess I couldnt help like SQSvt can) who NEEDS good advice before audiobahning it. but I try anyway....hey soundq youre a real cool dude and I love your car man take it easy.

Ya looked like it had some decent info....Id like to say that im full aware of all kindsa of diferent boxes, in the end, its about what the guy who owns the vehicle wants it to sound like. And theres alot of misinformed buyers out there (I guess I couldnt help like SQSvt can) who NEEDS good advice before audiobahning it. but I try anyway....hey soundq youre a real cool dude and I love your car man take it easy.

you're still a douchebag.

Im still the nicest (and coolest btw) person you will ever WISH to know. frankly.

Looks like yer quite the douche to me.....jerk.

oh and BTW , I bet u think your god's gift to focking humanity Mr. 8,000 posts, and you're doing a good deed for him by pointing out "Im a douchebag" Ya, your'e a real winner pal.

Eat it mr. 8,000 post's with no life. I bet your a 330 pound Dorito's eatin' slob all over that keyboard wonderin' why the biggie fry's at Mcdonald's arent bigger.

Last edited:
Back