• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Lapeer dragway

RawBurt

Hard-core CEG'er
I'm thinking about going out this weekend, provided I have my boost controller installed.

Its not the best track in the world, its usually pretty quiet and you can get plenty of runs in.

Anyone else interested?

Its fine for us just running there, not to race but to get a time trial. IDC what people say about it, its close to me so I go there and break my car.

lapeer is just crappy. but its cheap and you can get tons of runs. The SHO's love it and run fast there.

I'm not sure about the weather, I guess I should check that out.

And I'm aware of the track being crappy or whatever. BUT, like its been mentioned, it is close to home for me, cheap, and you can get plenty of runs.

With that being said, besides MX, anyone else interested?

You can't launch a contour for crap anyway... so what does it matter.

I'd rather get in 15 runs in 2 hours than 3 runs in 8 hours at milan.

Plus MX needs to hurry up and run so he can beat my lowly 13.08. I was pretty dissapointed that he kept blowing off hoses.

You can't launch a contour for crap anyway... so what does it matter.

I'd rather get in 15 runs in 2 hours than 3 runs in 8 hours at milan.

Plus MX needs to hurry up and run so he can beat my lowly 13.08. I was pretty dissapointed that he kept blowing off hoses.
I know I cant :(

lapeer blows, i mean the track has a dirt path you drive down before you line up and go into the burn out box. you can get alot of runs in. i got about 10 in 1:30 minutes. very hard to hook up . and if anyone blows a anything on the track they take some oil dry. let it dry for a sec, run a big 12 ply tire over it a couple of times and thats it. i spun all the way through 3rd gear in the mustang and that never happens and should not happen at a track espically.

lapeer blows, i mean the track has a dirt path you drive down before you line up and go into the burn out box.

No it doesn't :confused: Last time I checked the parking lot was gravel, and the line up area is paved. This is not a thread about how much lapeer "blows." I've seen very fast cars hook up all the way down the track, it sounds like to me, someone needs to learn how to drive.

i might be too now that the new bearings are in and the car is running decent. maybe not to race but to drive the svt around to break in the new motor.

Back