• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

F-1 Racing

Do not plan this around my schedule. I am not in control, my mom is for a family reunion. She wields more authority than the DNR and my wife combined.:help:

Star Trek was goofy, but Mr. Spock was pretty cool. He once said, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one.

Set it up for whatever makes sense for the most people. If I can make it, I'll be there.

Mark

Yeah that's what I thought. We had a place like that around here with the same rule. I couldn't even bring my 17 y/o son because he didn't have a license yet. this was a few years ago. Now the place has closed up. I mean how fast do these carts go? It's not like there doing 50 mph.

Actually, they say the carts do comparable to regular F-1 cars at 120-150 mph. It's just like a scaled down version of everything. Since everything is smaller but you're still doing like 30 mph it feels a lot faster and I could see someone seriously getting injured if they were hit by a cart or something to that effect. Believe me these are not your average carts.

i know i said i'd like to go, but unless there's some holiday i don't know about on the 9th, i'd have work on monday :(

We're going on Sunday the 8th. I doubt we'll be there, or at the BBQ at our house, very late. I am guessing that most of us will have to be at work on Monday.

Actually, they say the carts do comparable to regular F-1 cars at 120-150 mph. It's just like a scaled down version of everything. Since everything is smaller but you're still doing like 30 mph it feels a lot faster and I could see someone seriously getting injured if they were hit by a cart or something to that effect. Believe me these are not your average carts.

Exactly right. My FSAE team at school is sponsored by MIK and we race a lot. They are fast and it seems like you are going faster than you really are because the track is smaller. Its very technical, the corners are very sharp.

If you guys do it on the 8th, I can't make it. I'll be on a plane to Israel. Have fun!! Kick some butt!

ive actually hit 40mph on the city track (which is the better of the 2 tracks) and its honestly not that fast feeling, but the karts handle unbelievably! thats where it gets you feeling like you are in an F1 car, but its still not like they are the shifter karts...those are definately not for kids! the ones we will be racing on have 5hp or under...still not you average kart since they are tubed chassis and are about an inch off the ground, but they have leagues for young riders...if you are light you tend to bounce around in the karts a little more, my GF usually ends up with a bruise on each hip bone after a race from sliding back and forth, but if you are about 190lb's like myself, haha you have no worries

I thought we wouldn't be able to find out until a couple days beforehand?

Kim is right. RespectTheContour is going to call on Friday to get us a timeslot for Sunday the 8th. And depending on what that timeslot it, we will work the BBQ around it.

Does the RSVP list that we have still stand? Are there additional people? People dropped off?

F-1 Racing this Sunday......

F-1 Racing this Sunday......

Hi everyone.

I just figured I'd bump this topic up to the top since this event is happening on Sunday. I just checked the weather, and it looks to be so far so good (partly cloudy, high of 83-degrees).

Once RespectTheContour lets us all know tomorrow what time to be at F-1 in Braintree on Sunday, Jason or I will post again to let everyone know the time of the BBQ, and immediately after that, I will send a PM to everyone who has RSVP'd, giving you our address and directions to our house.

Ok, gotta find time to mow the lawn before Sunday.....

:)

Back