• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SZ08 in the SE?

Brent372

Official SE Event Coordinator
Hey there,
Here in FL we are working on our 3rd decent meet of 2007 so far.
There are lots of memebers in AL, GA, TN, KY and FL that are always talking about getting together.
Lets try and get SZ08 in Atlanta.
So many of us down here don't attend because of the miles we would have to put on our cars.
Atlanta is a great city and fairly central to most of the East Coast.

I'd be willing to help organize it. If you're serious about it, you gotta talk to everyone else, I guess in the SZ section and see if the interest would be there. There's a lotta fun stuff to do in ATL and better roads than up here.

I am very serious, but don't know where / when to begin.

Has anybody ever talked to Ford Marketing about getting involved?
You know there is an empty plant in Altanta with a pretty big parking lot <hint hint>

yeah. we could get ford to help us out probably. i know of alot of places in atl to hang out. have fun. includes family fun to.

Hey there,
Here in FL we are working on our 3rd decent meet of 2007 so far.
There are lots of memebers in AL, GA, TN, KY and FL that are always talking about getting together.
Lets try and get SZ08 in Atlanta.
So many of us down here don't attend because of the miles we would have to put on our cars.
Atlanta is a great city and fairly central to most of the East Coast.

Id consider the south, but there is one thing that bothers me. You say many members wont travel up because of the mileage, but want MANY more members from the north to come south?? w/ the NE crew making it out every year, and someone from washington / oregon BFE making it the last two years.....

yeah, there are more members up north, hence why every few years we can have one down here, so everyone can be involved....not jsut the people from up north, and the three or four scragglers that make it there...

i am sure more people from the north would be willing to come down here then us coming all the way up there...

Id consider the south, but there is one thing that bothers me. You say many members wont travel up because of the mileage, but want MANY more members from the north to come south?? w/ the NE crew making it out every year, and someone from washington / oregon BFE making it the last two years.....

He's got a point!

ATL could be a good city to host, however. Tracks, nightlife, probably some nice mountain roads, etc. And its pretty far north for the 'deep south.'

The thing about bringing it south is that people who live in or immediately around the city have to step up and take it on. You have to do it, not talk about it.

He's got a point!

ATL could be a good city to host, however. Tracks, nightlife, probably some nice mountain roads, etc. And its pretty far north for the 'deep south.'

The thing about bringing it south is that people who live in or immediately around the city have to step up and take it on. You have to do it, not talk about it.

Does anyone have an official count of the members that went to SZ this year. And then lets make a list of people who would go if it were in ATL next year, I bet it would be similar in the numbers!!

Hey we could do it somewhere in Knoxville. I know a shop with a Dyno. There are 2 drag strips close by ehhh just a thought guys. no road course but I might be able to work on an autocross?!

I wouldn't make the drive down there. No offense.
A good chunk of the attendees for all previous SZ's have been people that are local to that area, within a few hours of driving.
I doubt you could get them to drive any further than that.

That's not to say that a southern SZ couldn't still happen. You guys have some decent membership down south.
NECO once did a split coast Cougarfest, scheduled for the same dates, to cater to the different concentrations of members.

ok and your point?

I wouldn't make the drive down there. No offense.
A good chunk of the attendees for all previous SZ's have been people that are local to that area, within a few hours of driving.
I doubt you could get them to drive any further than that.

yall have had the grace of being close to it and etc... so why can yall be a little nicer and help us out in the SE?:confused: :cool:

yeah, there are more members up north, hence why every few years we can have one down here, so everyone can be involved....not jsut the people from up north, and the three or four scragglers that make it there...

i am sure more people from the north would be willing to come down here then us coming all the way up there...

Umm... "few scragglers" being the 10+ people that come from NE, NY, NJ?? ohh k.

Oh, you must be talking about the people that drove for 15 hours from georgia... No no, the 3 people that drove 24+ hours from Louisiana. OOOh or barge who drove for 3 days (?) to make it.

ok and your point?

Seriously? You want me to explain it? You guys (6 or 7??) complain (use as an excuse) about having to drive up to where the majority of the members live but want us to drive down to you? This reminds me of having to press 1 for english when calling customer service!

Attempt to set something up, draw up your plan and see if it will stick. If not, there is always the national meet (louisiana??). I think SZ will end up in the north again, I just hope you guys (Ya'll :laugh:) will come up and join us.

Too many ppl up here to have it that far S. Kremit has seen how it's done. Are the rest capable to be on par? ;)

I think everyone should go no matter where the hell it is. Everyone that doesn't go though really only hurts themselves as it's worth however long of a drive as it takes. Though like I said SZ in Atlanta or maybe somewhere in TN would be cool. But it'd only be cool if attendance is the same or better as this year's SZ.
I don't know why the northern CEGers wouldn't come to a slightly southern SZ (ok I do know, I met them and they all suck).
HolyRoller, a poll or list of people that attended this year vs. a list of people that SAY they would attend a SZ in atlanta wouldn't mean crap. I know of atleast 3 or 4 SECEGers that said they would go to SZ this year and didn't.
You all suck. And I'm freakin tired.

Back