• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Thank you Todd and everyone that came out

I-Dom-In-8

Hard-core CEG'er
My Heart is in WGL, but My Body is in Chicago
1st I wanted to say thanks to todd for doing this for us this year, I know its not easy and i couldn't imagine doing it by myself, I honestly think you did a great job on your own..So thank you..

2nd i wanted to thank all the members that drove out, I know some of you drove from 12 to 48+ hours, That's hardcore guy/Gals..

Thanks for the great times and better yet the Great memorys

Todd you did a great job and thank you for taking of the food issue I had. You went above and beyond.

Dina and I have enjoyed our selfs to the max this weekend. It was a very rewarding trip/vacation and we WILL be back to SZ '08 even if we have to drive 24 + hrs again.

again, thanks todd. everything was awesome. i know it's a ton of work and you don't get to enjoy SZ like everyone else does as a result, but we all had a blast because of your hard work.

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks a ton guys! You have no idea how much it means to me. IMO things turned out better than even I expected. Beside the mfing ding puller guy. What a Dbag! I wanted to talk to everyone and I think I almost did. LOL! Goes to show a car event doesn't have to be expensive to be good. Take a look at the SHO convention pricing.:crazy:

Very pleased no one got in an accident or really broke anything besides TRicker. No tickets I know of either. Everything is still a blur in my mind. Probably due to Trapps giving my 190 lb fat arse a helicopter.:laugh:

The woman I delt with on the hotel arrangements seemed cool with everthing this morning even though the night crew Sat. night wasn't. No one came outside to complain though.:shrug:

Was awesome seeing the new faces. So funny how you imagine someone and then actually meet them in person SZ after SZ.:laugh: SZ this year felt like an extended family to me. Well, kinda like you're silly cousin Jim Bob.:laugh:

Chang did a fantastic job on the 06 video as usual and the 07 is just going to be off the chain!!!! Also want to thank everyone that jumped in to help and gave me free beer. Thanks to rkneeshaw for showing up at my house to help me with the Warmonger upgrade on Thursday afternoon!!!! Doesn't get any last minute than that!:help: Also thanks for the Combos and the bottled water. Thanks to SoundQ for running to Target to get envelopes! Steeda for stepping up to help at the front of the room. Tom and Joey from Nautilus Performance flying and driving into MI to back their products. Just a couple of awesome guys. Thanks to Terry from HMS for coming out and also donating some really nice stuff. Was hoping Tom and Terry were going to go toe to toe but it didn't happen. j/k:laugh: Thanks to Blu Fuz for scoring some more door prizes last minute from Fox Ford. Thanks to The Mexican for stepping up to fill Chang's shoes in the vid dept. this year since he couldn't be here for all of it. Thanks M!key for helping with the SZ logo. I'd like to thank God for blessing us with fantastic weather. even the rain last night felt good. Or maybe I had too much to drink to realize I was getting poured on. And finally I'd also like to thank Pete & Trapps for not dying last night.

I'm in communication with someone that writes for the SVTOA publication. Hopefully we'll receive some more SZ press. ;)

So many things I want to say but I'd be typing all night and I need some more sleep.

Last edited:
sorry I missed out on this one. :(
Did you save me some damn cake?! ;)

Any idea when/if the New England crew headed home?

Yes I do. About 75% of this left. I'll freeze it for you for next year. The NE crew left around noon today.

standard.jpg

If you are talking about Elky and them I think they left around noon or so,some going under the lakes and some going through canada.

And I'm proud to say after my reverse backwards through the parking lot my car made it through SZ 07 with out being teabaged.

Thanks to Todd, had fun and will be there next year for 08.

Last edited:
Yeah but mine got The Bag because I couldn't floor it in reverse due to a certain someone behind me! :laugh: :blackeye: :mad: :help:

:laugh:

Great job Todd and the team!

Appolgies and thanks to all who witnessed, and participated in, the debauchery that was Saturday night. I do admit acting 20 years younger was fun although I don't remember it hurting quite this much. I am confident I don't have to drink again for at least a year and I'll now resume acting my age.

Thanks Todd for organizing ... it has been a crazy fun weekend and I can't wait for those in the future.

Todd, phenomenal job pulling this all off yourself. It's no small task, and it really is a shame that you have to spend so much of the event behind the scenes instead of relaxing with the rest of us. Hope you managed to have a good time too.

M!key, great job on the design front as always.

sorry I missed out on this one. :(
Did you save me some damn cake?! ;)

Any idea when/if the New England crew headed home?

Yeah, we grabbed you and Mike a couple of pieces. I set them on top of ElKy's car so he could bring them home for you.

...Boy, I hope he saw them there before he left.... :eek:

SZ was Awesome this year Todd. Good job! Great to see everyone, and this year I remember most of you!!! YAY!!! next year I will remember my rollerblades, and I will bring SZ barbie. :crazy:

Back