• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Where to go on vacation???

icysvt

Addicted CEG'er
Ok so I scheduled my time off from work. June 29 thru July 8th. Now where do I want to go. The wife is dead set on the beach somewhere just don't know where so I'm open for all suggestions!

SW FL man Venice beach is soo nice ( Crystal clear water ) and Fort myers is nice alot of people there alot of night life going on..
Lovers key is also very nice..(about 5 miles from Fort myers beach clear water very private)

SW FL man Venice beach is soo nice ( Crystal clear water ) and Fort myers is nice alot of people there alot of night life going on..
Lovers key is also very nice..(about 5 miles from Fort myers beach clear water very private)

I would agree. The beaches on the Atlantic coast have taken a bit of a beating recently. The rip currents have also been vicious lately. Miami & South Beach are still nice, but too crowded for my liking.

im about to leave for Hilton Head Island, SC thats where i go either there or the hotel down the street from your house:shrug:

Funny lol I don't know if I want to drive all the way to south Fl or not, long drive! Need to start researching.

Trey you are more than welcome to stay at my house. I have two spare bedrooms with a full bathroom no one uses. I live bout half and hr from the beaches that were mentioned above.

Congrats on the car making it on Killboy.com !!!!

She looks sweet. I dont remember her having the Hightower mod ?

Cheers,
Suriel

Did you see the pic on the highlights page? That is sooooooo awesome! I think we might take you up on that offer cause that would save us some major money! I did the hightowers and eyelids a few months ago I love the look. Check out some of the other pics on killboy from 5-11-07 There are some good pics of my car!!!!

You knows what sucks. It will look like **** with the CF evo hood when I get it though. So new headlights are in the works. Silver eyelids with a carbon hood I don't think will look good at all.

Ya the hightower will stay but the eyelids are painted on so I need new lights now lol but the new ones will be hightowered also. You ever find out if you are working during the time we are supposed to come down?

I am going to sound really ingnorant, but using some type of paint remover wont work?

I have my schedule with me now, what are the dates?

Cheers,
Suriel

Ok so I scheduled my time off from work. June 29 thru July 8th. Now where do I want to go. The wife is dead set on the beach somewhere just don't know where so I'm open for all suggestions!

Here are the dates. Paint remover prob mess up the plastic I would say. Headlights aren't really that much and these aren't perfect either

I have no training or special ops scheduled for those dates. I only have my regular schedule. I have the weekend of the 29th off and work the following weekend.

~~Suriel

use laquer thinner or mineral spirits....hell ATF/Brake Fluid or somthing should get it off with out messing up the plastic

You said how you miss Texas in another thread. Maybe you should spend your vacation in Galveston. It's in Texas and there's a beach there. Florida is probably closer and much nicer though.

Last edited:
Back