• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Alignment and suspension?

SlvrSVT00

Veteran CEG'er
So I was reading in the FAQ section and came across the part that said you should get a 4 wheel alignment when you tweak the suspension (i.e. lowering and adjustable struts etc). It also said that "for those with adjustable suspensions this can get quite expensive" why is this? and how expensive are we talking about?

Thanks in advance

I think what is meant there is that if you have adjustable suspension, every time you adjust it you should technically go in and get another alignment. Thats how I interpreted it anyway.

Or one could get handy and learn how to do thier own alignments . . . A pretty decent alignment can be done at home with very little expense in tools.

I bought the 5 years plan from NTB for $159. Get an alignment every 5000 miles or whenever I hit a pot hole! :crazy:

So anyway, here's a page about DIY alignment on a Miata; This guy goes a little overboard, but it will give you guys a good idea at what is necessary. And fwiw, once you do it a few times, it goes pretty fast; we could align our old IRS-equipped Cobras at the race track in about 45 minutes.

http://www.quadesl.com/miata_alignment.html

Don't hold your breath, but maybe I'll do a writeup on how to do it on a contour once mine is finally back together.

I would not make Jahan do it, I would use his equipment :D

Since he promised me jackstands and a hyd. Jack for xmas and I never got them :(

... he has to learn to share. That's what big brothers are for :eek:

Back