• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Check out my buddies rare Turbo SUV

Exaclty, Inline six engines are beasts!!! I had an inline six in my jeep cherokee and it ran forever and I beat the piss out of it every day! Great engine.

Try that grand daddy of them all, the GN!

-Andy

Try that grand daddy of them all, the GN!

-Andy

Im surprised you said that before Roger did.

The I6 in the Trail blazers is an amaizing engine, 4.2L of 260 horses. thats nuts. Thats where GM should be with all of their engines, the 3800 should be pushing those numbers without a s/c

The I6 in the Trail blazers is an amaizing engine, 4.2L of 260 horses. thats nuts. Thats where GM should be with all of their engines, the 3800 should be pushing those numbers without a s/c

275 HP and 275 tq, its gone up now for the 2005 model year though :p

275 HP and 275 tq, its gone up now for the 2005 model year though

i thought it was always 270hp, not 260. i do remember seeing/reading about the motor in that truck...it's design, etc. I think there's actually a steering arm, or driveshaft or something that actually goes through the oil pan! anyway, it's a great motor...shame they don't use it on anything else.

Back