• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Getting to the front speakers.

crazyj

New CEG'er
How do i exactly get to the front door speakers? will i have to remove the whole door panel?

Its about 8 screws all together. Two on the bottom two on the edge towards the rear of the car, one on the inner door jab, two under the grab handle on the door and one behind the actual door handle itself. Also if you need theres one screw behind the triangle piece on the front upper door. I didn't take this piece out I just pulled the panel from under the piece.

thanks for the help...one more question though. before i rip off the door what is the size of the front speakers? 6 x 8?

5" x 7" all around the car. However, it might be possible to fit 6" x 8". It depends on the brand and model of speakers.

Are you sure about 5x7? I thought the factory speakers were 6x8. The prior owner put some shallow 6x8's in, which I just replaced with deep 6x9's. You *might* be able to fit shallow 6x9's with minimal mods.... the deep baskets will need a spacer (3/4" MDF) so the window won't hit the magnet.

Well when I was browsing for speakers on circuitcity.com, I was informed that my '96 had 5" x 7" in all four doors. However, with looking at circuitcity.com as I type this, I am seeing results for 6" x 8" in the 98+. :shrug: haha.

there both commonly referred as 5x7 6x8 they are all the same for all of the years, all of the doors are interchangable, if i had a 98 with a bad door and found a 95 door it will work, so therefore speakers are the same

Yeah - I have Infinity Kappa 6x8's that fit in the doors perfectly. Now I need an amp so they dont sound like ass :nonono:

Back