• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

finally se(vt)

yamaha racer 686

Hard-core CEG'er
well i finally finished most of my conversion this weekend.

DSC00492.jpg

DSC00509.jpg

DSC00504.jpg

DSC00496.jpg

DSC00494.jpg

DSC00489.jpg

DSC00490.jpg

DSC00491.jpg

let me know what you guys think!. i have the E1 wheels to go on then. let me know what else should be done im open to anything

nope got it all done with junkyard parts only things that werent from the junk yard were the side skirts, rear bumper, head rests and gauges

and yeah parking brake boot good catch btw

so you put SVT decals all over the car, and didnt upgrade the engine..

Rice?

That's what i was wondering.....if so...I'm not at all a fan.

SVT bodywork: OK
Misbadging: Not OK....

agreed.

SVT Bodywork:OK
SVT badging on a non SVT without the go to back up the badging is just wrong :nonono:

now if you had a 3L dropped in, then we would talk.

yeah i totally understand where ur coming from guys. its getting there got the car in august and its slowly coming togeather. partime and school suck.

would love to go 3l turbo. but at this point its only a dream haha

ok im not getting angry but its ok for muscle cars to make clones why cant we do that now?

yeah i totally understand where ur coming from guys. its getting there got the car in august and its slowly coming togeather. partime and school suck.

would love to go 3l turbo. but at this point its only a dream haha

then I would delay the SVT badging for now.

DSC00492.jpg

Okay, this is just moronic, why put a Giant SVT vynal on the side of your car, and leave the SE badge in the fender?

Still say no to the mis badging regardless of power or not.

I agree with Pole here. I'm in the same boat you are in. I have an SE that is basically cloned to look like an SVT, but I have never claimed my car to be an SVT and there are no labels to make it appear to be an SVT, except for on the tach but what choice did I have. I don't care that my car isn't technically an "SVT" I'm happy with having an SE that could spank most of the SVT's on this board, minus the fact that it currently is missing the engine right now. Just take of the SVT badges and you'll be good to go. Get that baby a drop too.

That's a lot of work to make an SE into an SVT. I'll give you props on that nice job. I think the SVT logo on the sie could have been done a little further down on the door but to each his own.

Might wanna lose the SE badging on the side as already mentioned. Just throw some corner signals in there instead or somethin.

Nah, but I wouldn't have added the SVT anything to the car:shrug:

Exactly what I was thinking...

Look, I dont think the car looks bad in any respect, I love the look of the SVT kit.

Its the fact that he threw SVT badges everywhere, if he hadnt have done that im sure complements would have more been in store.

Back