• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT-0, Trees-1

Too bad there was no camera to catch it. That would have been some sight. LOL!

Trusting a Contour e brake alone?! :help:

That was actually the first thing that came to mind when i found out. She was devistated, couldnt even talk, and i said i wish i was there to see it go for a ride.
Don't get me wrong, i love my car, but i love my gf more.

That's horrible man! Luckly the car doesn't look too bad considering all the stuff it hit. I'm sure you will have it fixed up in no time. :cool: Good luck!

Hmmm, parkedcar......... so many things can be said about that user name right now. :rolleyes: :laugh:

Oh man , Mike - that's such a bummer :cry: . Such a nice car , now all dented up :( . It is an interesting story , if nothing else .

Something similar happened to my friend's Turbo Coupe . He parked it outside his house , went out a bit later & it was gone . He lives in the sticks , with a long driveway , so it would've been tough to believe someone stole it . After much searching , it was figured out that it rolled into the cornfield next door , and the stalks popped back up , hiding it's path into the field . Had to be towed back out with his backhoe :crazy: . He still hasn't lived that down (forgetting to set the handbrake and "losing" his car) .

real sorry to see something like that happen to such a clean svt. i have a silver frost bumper in awesome condition if you're interested.

Holy sh..!!! :cry:

I'm sorry Mike! Thankfully the car stayed out of the lake.

Poor Corinne, she's got to feel terrible. Give her a hug for me. I'm glad she wasn't in it when it went for the ride.

:cry: :cry:

If you need any help getting her fixed up give me a call. We'll be glad to lend a hand. Whatever you need, just ask.

Am I the only one thinking "I wish his girlfriend WAS in the car." Then, she could simply apply the brake and it wouldn't have happened. :shrug: Sorry to hear about it, but you've definitely got the right attitude. Why get pissed over something you can't control, and can't take back? You'll figure it all out!

Mark

Obviously if she was in the car it wouldn't have happened. But assuming she took the ride with the car, she would have gotten tossed around real good.
Also, the ebrake was applied, and the car turned off, she wouldn't have been able to stop the car without power brakes.

Obviously if she was in the car it wouldn't have happened. But assuming she took the ride with the car, she would have gotten tossed around real good.
Also, the ebrake was applied, and the car turned off, she wouldn't have been able to stop the car without power brakes.

dude honestly from the pics, your front end looks untouched! :eek:

soo very lucky1!

wow, that sucks man. So far this month i know two of my friends with csvt's that have either damaged their cars or had them break. Seems to be a bad month for csvt's.

Wow, I cringed when I read the title. Glad nobody was hurt and that it didn't end up in the drink. Good luck getting her repaired. I've always liked your car :cool:

The pics really don't show much damage. The bumper is "cracked" but it did slam into a tree. It was pressed in about 3 inches, and now there is a "wart" about 1/2" in diameter, like something punched through the bumper. And the paint is spidered over the entire bumper. Also the headlight mounts are broken.

That was actually the first thing that came to mind when i found out. She was devistated, couldnt even talk, and i said i wish i was there to see it go for a ride.
Don't get me wrong, i love my car, but i love my gf more.

Very sorry to see your pride & joy take a beating. I feel sorry for your poor G/F too, she must feel terrible. I am glad to see your in the 'love my g/f more than my car camp' :) as I would be also.

finding the right car, not too difficult, finding the right partner, hard!

Good luck with getting it back on the road, its one of my favorite Contours, I have actually some of your pics saved to my pc at home.

Ronan

Very sorry to see your pride & joy take a beating. I feel sorry for your poor G/F too, she must feel terrible. I am glad to see your in the 'love my g/f more than my car camp' :) as I would be also.

finding the right car, not too difficult, finding the right partner, hard!

Good luck with getting it back on the road, its one of my favorite Contours, I have actually some of your pics saved to my pc at home.

Ronan

Sheesh! It depends on the girlfriend man....you know that. :shrug:

When my girlfriend saw the pics she said "Thats exactly why I dont want to drive your car!" Glad your girls alright. I'm right there with you, a car is replaceable the relationship with your girl isn't.

Back