• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Kumho Ecsta SPT, General Exclaim UHP, Falken Ziex Ze-512

vcontoursvt

CEG'er
My Bridgestone Potenza RE-730s 205/55/16s are shot and I am looking to replace them. I drive a lot in California so dry traction and wet tractions is all I require. Not much of an auto-crosser, but I do like a spirited drive here and there. Quiet and treadwear are nice qualities, but I am a little more tolerant in those areas.

Originally I was leaning towards the Kumho over the Falkens, but then I read up on the Generals at Tirerack which have great reviews.

I still am leaning towards the Kumhos since I can get a nice deal at my local Discount Tire and they seem to have great reviews, but I was wondering if others had some suggestions.

tires

tires

I have the kuhmos and they are Quiet with good traction under all conditions and we get it all (except snow/ice) in south FL.
Great tires redardless of cost and they are a sponsor of the ALMS (got to support the sport).

Get 'um you'll be happy.

I have the Falken's. Never drove the others, but I'm very happy with the Ziex 512's. Good grip, not a lot of noise, and the price was great. Just my .02.

I have a set of 225/45R17 Kuhmo SPT's with 10K commuter miles on my 98 CSVT and they are down to the wear bars. No Auto-X/road course duty, good alignment, correct pressures, rotated regularly.

Granted, I drive rather spirited but 30K mile tires gone at 10K is bull****.

The sidewall is a bit soft as I can feel the flex under hard cornering.

Won't be buying them again.

Bob

Why not Fuzion or Dayton Daytona ZR?

They are both Bridgestone brands and will give you near Bridgestone performance for much less. I have 225/50ZR16 Dayton Daytona ZR tires on my car and they are great.

Back