• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Who do this belong to?

Man, how did you miss the classified ad near the top that said "1996 3.0L Turbo Contour for sale"? :laugh:

I hate to see it go. Hopefully it goes to a good home.

Last edited:
Here's to bigger and better, Jim? What are your plans?

Well, I picked up a 99 Tropic Green SVT Contour since I had to have a car to drive. The 96 was my DD. Its completely bone stock with 102K. Thats the way I plan on keeping it. Hopefully I'll be there with it saturday for SZ.

What!

What!

Jim, I'm VERY sad to hear about this! Yes I'm sure it was posted somewhere else but I didn't see it there, I'm reading it here for the first time and THIS SUCKS:cry: Although many have become trolls in the past couple years, the likes of Beyondloaded and Stazi would be main stays for years to come because of the sheer dollar amounts put into those cars, sorry if I missed the others who've spent alot as well, but these guys are local and people I've got the chance to meet and get to know over the years. Honestly, its a sad day here in the CEG:(

I know Roger. I dont want to sell it, but since the car spun a bearing and its the only car I have, I was forced to buy another car with money I dont have. As a result, the car has to go up for sale to pay off this 99 SVT.

TGO, buy it man. Just throw a stock 01+ Escape motor in it and port match it to the stock SVT intakes. Selling the Pauter Rods and Ross Racing pistons could help pay for that. This was my plan down the road anyways since i want to go back to the cam driven pump isntead of the EWP.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear your compression was a rod but if I had to guess the cylinders must be worn from the excessive rod play you had. I am sure whoever buys it will be here asking for info which is cool. I know how you feel I had my engine torn down trying to get it ready for SZ and found problems too. I almost wanted to just throw in a stock 3 liter lol. Well I will pass the words around here to guy who might want a very nice car like yours.

man, first mine, then Jims..we have a crisis here at CEG :laugh:

atleast he has another svtc

I might add to the crisis as per Joe Barnes. Who knows. :shrug:
Well it's good to see you've got an SVT, Jim. I wish they were in better condition around here or I'd have bought one myself a long time ago.

C'mon, you're telling us all you won't get the mod bug with this new SVT? :rolleyes: :laugh:

TGO, buy it man. Just throw a stock 01+ Escape motor in it and port match it to the stock SVT intakes. Selling the Pauter Rods and Ross Racing pistons could help pay for that. This was my plan down the road anyways since i want to go back to the cam driven pump isntead of the EWP.

But then what car would i bring to meets!? The volvo or the contour??

Honestly, i didn't see it spun a bearing...that really sucks lol! I'd have no interest in parting it out....that's like a mortal sin i'd go to hell for. I need to do some math...

That sucks about the rod knock! Keep parting it out in-mind, you'd be able to clear $10K with ease. I parted Swazo out in a weekend and had the vast majority of it sold within a week.

But, for anyone even thinking of buying this car.... do it! If this deal came along about 3 months from now, I'd be making a cash offer ASAP!

Last edited:
Back